removing paint from carbon fiber

Dave what is a adult bmx bike?
I race bmx

JD what kind of harley did you have?
I have had 2 for 25 years very few problems
95 % of problems with them is electrical. I can rewire for you. Unless
you just like to complain about everything.

[email protected] wrote:
> Dave what is a adult bmx bike?
> I race bmx

The frightpig dave is just a leg humping troll who doesn't ride
anything other than legs on the internet. He just sits around smoking
pot, netstalking and trying to rag on me.

> JD what kind of harley did you have?
> I have had 2 for 25 years very few problems
> 95 % of problems with them is electrical. I can rewire for you. Unless
> you just like to complain about everything.

No, I like to complain about garbage and that's what harleys are,
yuppie garbage. When a bike half the displacement of one of those
junkers can blow them off of the road in the whole gamut of
performance, I call them what they are, junk. Buying into "mystique"
or a name is just as foolish in the bicycle realm. That said, I don't
own a hd, will never own a hd and would not ride a hd if someone gave
me one. I ride a motorcycle, not yuppie hype and have been riding 27
years.

JD

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 22:47:10 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

>I picked up a bike at a yard sale the paint is ugly and peeling. I was
>thinking about getting under the paint with an exato.Any help is
>apreciated

If you picked it up at a yard sale, it's not carbon.

If it's aluminum, avoid using heat, and use care in employing things
like paint stripper, particularly if the frame joints do not show
obvious signs of being welded. Never use paint stripper on a
bonded-tube frame.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:19:10 -0400, [email protected] wrote:

>Original paint job. As i said i ran the numbers it is not recorded
>stolen. If your that stupid to not write down serial numbers you don't
>deserve a bike like this.
>
>The only reason i want to paint it is i don't like the paint job.It
>looks like a freakin bilboard. Plus it would be a winter project.

Do not try to remove the paint. Just paint over the top of it, if you
must paint it at all.

You could probably sell the frame on eBay for $500 if it's not badly
nicked and scratched.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:02:14 -0400, "Carla A-G"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>
>> OK. You lost me on that one. Tell me why a fixie is >good for winter
>> riding.

>Ok, trust me on this one, I know it sounds wrong and crazy but...a fixie is
>much better in icy, snowy, winter conditions because it provides much better
>control than a bike with a freewheel. If understand how a fixie works, you
>will not slip nor fall on ice or snow, you will have total control of how
>the rear wheel moves. A lot of roadies use fixies in the winter for training
>because of the safety it provides and it gives you a harder workout
>(depending what gear ratio you use). Ok, all fixie riders chime in...

I accidentally made a fixie out of my bike for a couple of weeks back
in the '60s, and swore that I would never, ever make that horrible
mistake again. They're not for everybody.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:15:52 -0400, Ride-A-Lot
<[email protected]> wrote:

>OK. I think I get it. Kind of like positraction for a bike.

More like driving a car with a manual transmission whose clutch has
failed, IMO.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.