Removing rear Hugi 240(road) bearings from rotor

Henty

Guest
Hi there

I'm trying to replace the sealed cartridge bearings in my
Hugi 240 road rear hub (rolf vector pro gold wheel set).

However I can't seem to remove the 2 bearing catridges that
are inside the rotor. The rotor is a gold colour (does that
mean it's a problem "version 1" 240 hub?).

I have removed the seal on the outer end of the rotor and
tried using a correctly-sized socket and hammer to hit the
inner catridge. I was hoping this would force the inner
cartridge, spacer and outer cartridge out. However, no
matter how hard I hit it, it doesn't budge.

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?

And while I'm asking:

Since my rotor "cassette splines" seem pretty worn, does
anyone know if I can simply replace the entire rotor
(including 2 sets of sealed bearings) with a new one? Must I
get these from DT and any idea how much it is?

If I keep the current rotor, what spec bearings should I
replace the current ones with?

Many thanks Henty

--
hentyw @ innoforge.com (remove the spaces)

In answer to my own question:

First of all, what DT terms a "rotor" most people will call
a freewheel body or shell. It's the bit that the cassette
fits onto.

The 2 bearings are seperated by a spacer which can be moved
flush against the inside wall of the rotor. This will allow
access to a very well hidden and undocumented circlip (sp?)
that keeps the bearing catridges in place. Remove the
circlip (easier said than done) and the bearing catridges
can be removed with a socket and hammer.

--
hentyw @ innoforge.com (remove the spaces)