Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Removing wheels with Campy brakes

Started by tayvens · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,476 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
5 March 2005
Last activity
5 March 2005
Original author
tayvens
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,476
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My old bike had no-name brakes with a quick release do-dad which made it easy to get the wheel with a fully inflated tyer past the brake pads. My new bike has Campy Chorus brakes which as far as I can see do not have a quick release do-dad. I have tried using the brake tension adjuster (or whatever it is called) to increase the distance between he pads. I could get the front wheel off no probs but I had to deflate the rear tyer to get the rear wheel off (23C tyers BTW). I feel like I am missing something obvious. Any suggestions 😕

  2. If your brake levers are Campy ergo levers, they have a little nubbin on them that you push, which allows the lever to open up a bit more than usual, opening the brake and hopefully allowing you to get the fully inflated wheel off. It's at the top of the lever, a little knob thing, you push it sideways and it pops out the other side of the lever. Hard to explain but take a look at the levers and you should get it no problem.

    On the other hand, if you're using Shimano levers with Campy brakes, you're out of luck - Shimano puts the quick release on the brake and Campy puts it on the lever.

  3. mjw_byrne said:

    If your brake levers are Campy ergo levers, they have a little nubbin on them that you push, which allows the lever to open up a bit more than usual, opening the brake and hopefully allowing you to get the fully inflated wheel off. It's at the top of the lever, a little knob thing, you push it sideways and it pops out the other side of the lever. Hard to explain but take a look at the levers and you should get it no problem.

    On the other hand, if you're using Shimano levers with Campy brakes, you're out of luck - Shimano puts the quick release on the brake and Campy puts it on the lever.

    Brilliant!!!

    I have had Campy ergo levers on both my old and new bikes and had wondered what the nubbin was for. Now I know. I wonder whar else I have been missing.

    BTW I would not sully my bikes with Shimano levers.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.