rent road bike in orlando

Max

Guest
Hello,

from March 5th till March 12th, two friends of mine and me are coming the long way from Germany to
your sunshine State Florida and stay at an apartment in kissimmee. We want to use this time, and the
warm weather to cycle all around Orlando to gain some practice for the upcoming cycle season here in
Germany. As we found out, the area must be perfect for individual bike tours through the nature. To
save some money, we are not planning to bring our own road bikes. thats why we are looking for a
place to rent road bikes in the orlando area, but after spending hours searching the web, i did't
find anything. Now my question, if you know a place. it would be a great help for us, because it's
hard to organize and expensive too to bring the bikes by plane. Also it would be nice, if you could
give us some tips for nice tours around Orlando , starting at kissemee. Our plan is , to make about
60 to 80 miles a day . Perhaps you also know any organized tours or touring events through this time
in the orlando area. at this time , we just have a florida state map, so its hard to organize any
detailed tours. would you prefer tours more in the south of orlando or more to the west ? what is
more exciting ? and last but not least a question about the florida keys. is is possible to cycle
all the way from key largo to key west ? or is there heavy traffic ? because this tour would be a
dream for us

i would apreciate your help for our planings

Greatings from cold germany

Sincerly

Max Sammet jr.

March timeframe should be beautiful weather. As for renting a bike I don't know of any place that
does that but you might want to checkout the following web sites as they might be able to point you
in the right direction.

www.floridafreewheelers.com or orangecycleorlando.com or
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/index.htm or http://www.orcracing.com/

These web sites should have some information your looking for. The Orange Cycle web site might be
able to help you locate bike rentals and the others sites should be able to give you some ideas
about tours and locations to ride.

The prefered locations to ride are definitally on the west side of Orlando. The west side provides
nice hilly rides with less traffic and tends to be somewhat prettier. From Kissimmee the distance to
the west side area will be around 30 miles away on the opposite side of the Disney area. South
Orlando/Kissimmee is mainly for tourist and has heavy traffic with people who don't know where their
going. I live near the Kissimmee area but I drive my bike to the west side for most of my riding.

Don't know about the Key West ride but it sounds like a great idea.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your trip. Dan.