Rental Respect where it's due

liamo

Jun 1, 2004
Noticed a few questions on where is good to rent in specific locations, but here I'm goign to be proactive and recommend a place I used early last month - namely Bicycles Plus in Folsom CA. Phone up, walk in and ride out on the Natoma bike loop - Really excellent if you are in Folsom/Sacramento on business and want to clear your head for an hour (and very good for jet lag)

The next weekend I rented an MTB in Arizona, got up early Sunday morning and drove out to the the National Loops at McDowell, and 1km in the right pedal fell out with the crank thread having sheared, so I was left with a 5km walk in the desert back to the trail head (the loop is one way). The shop did give me my money back and fulsome apologies so no names.........

Anbody else want to say nice things about nice rental people?

Glad to know I am not the only one who has had a pedal shear out of a rental bike's crank. It happened during a race, tho. They gave me the next rental free, and I got a nicer bike out, too.

And all the shops in Winter Park, CO with those rent one, get one one free deals ROCK!!! Made my day. That shuttle to the top, hour ride down stuff was FUN.

I am going to Cali on december and I am renting bikes .... thanks for reminding me to bring my own tools. Check in luggage ... off course

liamo said:
Noticed a few questions on where is good to rent in specific locations, but here I'm goign to be proactive and recommend a place I used early last month - namely Bicycles Plus in Folsom CA. Phone up, walk in and ride out on the Natoma bike loop - Really excellent if you are in Folsom/Sacramento on business and want to clear your head for an hour (and very good for jet lag)

The next weekend I rented an MTB in Arizona, got up early Sunday morning and drove out to the the National Loops at McDowell, and 1km in the right pedal fell out with the crank thread having sheared, so I was left with a 5km walk in the desert back to the trail head (the loop is one way). The shop did give me my money back and fulsome apologies so no names.........

Anbody else want to say nice things about nice rental people?
no comment