Renting a bike in the Costa Blanca Region

jeremydubow

Oct 14, 2004
I'm heading to the Costa Blanca region, specifically Gandia, in a few days and am looking to rent a high quality road bike. Any suggestions for places to go?

jeremydubow said:
I'm heading to the Costa Blanca region, specifically Gandia, in a few days and am looking to rent a high quality road bike. Any suggestions for places to go?
By now you are probably back home, and I wonder if (let's say I doubt) you found what you were looking for. The Costa Blanca doesn't appear primarily as a place favored by cyclists, the most common kinds of sports there being more like sunbathing and beer drinking. It is a pity, as there are many nice small roads in the back country. The sea front itself is mostly to be avoided. Too much incompetent traffic, and too much traffic overall.

Back to renting a bike: the only real - but small - bike shop I know of is out of Moraira, left hand on the road toward Calpe. In principle there should however be more in Gandia or Denia, as these are supposed to be real towns and not just mere resorts.

caracol40 said:
By now you are probably back home, and I wonder if (let's say I doubt) you found what you were looking for. The Costa Blanca doesn't appear primarily as a place favored by cyclists, the most common kinds of sports there being more like sunbathing and beer drinking. It is a pity, as there are many nice small roads in the back country. The sea front itself is mostly to be avoided. Too much incompetent traffic, and too much traffic overall.

Back to renting a bike: the only real - but small - bike shop I know of is out of Moraira, left hand on the road toward Calpe. In principle there should however be more in Gandia or Denia, as these are supposed to be real towns and not just mere resorts.

The Costa Blanca is quite a big place and is not as bad as caracol40 makes out. Once you are off the main roads it is perfect riding conditions. Even on the main roads there are cycle paths. Javea and Denia are the best destinations with flat and mountainous roads. There is a bike shop in the old port of Javea.

I'm heading to the Costa Blanca region, specifically Javea, in a August and am looking to rent a road/ mountain bike. Any suggestions for places to go?

:rolleyes:

jeremydubow said:

hello I see this thread is very old but, Bike hire is available from www.ciclocostablanca.com
they have good quality road and mtb bikes and deliver btn denia and alicante

Hey MrQuad, great to here about your MTB hire, we'll be in touch in November, will need 6-8 bike's for a couple of days. i've bookmarked your website and will be in touch nearer the time.

Lisa

Thanks for the information. I have checked out your website, and will visit your shop in July. I know the street, as we visit Les Sorts for swimming stuff.

Cheers

George /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif