Renting a decent road bike in Brussels?

yancifry

Oct 17, 2009
Does anyone know where I can rent a decent road bike in Brussels for two days? Something that I would be able to ride part of a classics route on. I have tried searching the net and have found nothing, but I assume that is because I am searching in English. Also I checked out the post at the top of this forum but it looks the rental places are all in Gent and are for cruiser/city bikes.

Is it even possible to rent a decent road bike in Brussels?

Any info would be very helpful.

Thanks!

ProVelo offers in Brussels bicycles for rent:
Pro Velo - Rental Info (English, French, Dutch)

Their main rental point is the Cyclist's House in the Londenstraat/Rue de Londres 15, 1050 Elsene/Ixelles:
Pro Velo (English, French, Dutch)

Furthermore presents ProVelo a list with 40 bicycle shops in Brussels Capital Region. I'm sure some of them are also into renting bikes, but you will have to check their sites yourself:
Pro Velo - Bicycle shops in Brussels (English, French, Dutch)

A quick look learns me that at least Vélocité in Schaarbeek/Schaerbeek Vélocité (French), Km10 Bicycle Store in Watermaal-Bosvoorde/Watermael-Boitsfort Km10 (French), Vélopipette in Watermaal-Bosvoorde/Watermael-Boitsfort Vélopipette (French), Eddysport in Sint-Lambrechts-Woluwe/Woluwé-Saint-Lambert Eddysport (French) and maybe also Van den Mooter in Jette Van den Mooter (French, Dutch) do rent bicycles.

The Belgian Railways rent bicycles in the most important (touristic) places in Belgium, but not in Brussels. Their rental services are limited to these 12 places: Blankenberge, Brugge, Gent, Hasselt, Knokke, Leuven, Lier, Oostende, Sint-Truiden and Vielsalm. That's also more close to reality as in another post of mine I was talking about 'in most Belgian railway stations ...' Sorry about that.

Fiets ze!

Some additional information about bike rental and bike leasing in the center of Brussels:

Fietspunt / Point vélo / Bike Point NoORD, nearby the railway station of Brussel-Noord/Bruxelles-Nord:
Bikepoint-North (English, French and Dutch).

Fietspunt / Point vélo / Bike Point CENTRaAL, , nearby the railway station of Brussel-Centraal/Bruxelles-Central:
Bikepoint-Central (English, French and Dutch).