Renting a road bike in Italy

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides' started by Barbara Ryan, Aug 6, 2004.

  1. Barbara Ryan

    Barbara Ryan Guest

    We are planning a cycling trip to Tuscany/Rome in June 2005. We would like
    to rent road bikes vs. taking our own bikes (we don't want them damaged!).

    Is it possible to rent good-quality road bikes in this area? Any
    suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Barb Ryan
    Virginia Beach, VA

    Tags:

  2. Kenny Lee

    Kenny Lee Guest

    Barbara Ryan wrote:
    > We are planning a cycling trip to Tuscany/Rome in June 2005. We would like
    > to rent road bikes vs. taking our own bikes (we don't want them damaged!).
    >
    > Is it possible to rent good-quality road bikes in this area? Any
    > suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Barb Ryan
    > Virginia Beach, VA

    I did a Google search and here are the results.

    http://tinyurl.com/5nebj

    Have fun,
    Kenny Lee

  3. rhnb

    rhnb Guest

    Here's one in Florence (Tuscany) that looks worth a try ...

    http://www.florencebybike.it/rental-new.htm

    Cheeers... Allan.
    ~~~
    http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm
    Italian Cycle tour reports and the home of...
    Cycling Before Lycra

    Barbara Ryan wrote:
    > We are planning a cycling trip to Tuscany/Rome in June 2005. We
    > would like to rent road bikes vs. taking our own bikes (we don't want
    > them damaged!).
    >
    > Is it possible to rent good-quality road bikes in this area? Any
    > suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Barb Ryan
    > Virginia Beach, VA

  4. rhnb

    rhnb Guest

    Sorry - meant to include this one in Rome too...

    http://www.randotrek.com/bikes_and_gear.htm

    Good luck...
    Allan.
    ~~~