UK and Europe · Public discussion

Renting bikes in the UK?

Started by joboils@spam_less_hotmail.com · · Last activity · 5 posts · 664 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
24 June 2006
Last activity
26 June 2006
Original author
joboils@spam_less_hotmail.com
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
664
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've had a request for info on renting a touring bike in the UK for
    someone planning a summer holiday in 2007. The CTC sites gives just
    the one, in Surrey, and that seems MTB only. Any others known of? -
    near airports would help.

  2. joboils@spam_less_hotmail.com said:

    I've had a request for info on renting a touring bike in the UK for
    someone planning a summer holiday in 2007. The CTC sites gives just
    the one, in Surrey, and that seems MTB only. Any others known of? -
    near airports would help.

    http://www.saddlepaddle.co.uk/ in Exeter, Devon hire touring bikes,
    but that's probably not much use to you, although it's relatively near
    exeter airport, it's not a great airport.

    Jim.

  3. joboils said:

    I've had a request for info on renting a touring bike in the UK for
    someone planning a summer holiday in 2007.


    Just tell him to buy one. Very much IMHO.

    Dawes Horizon or the like?
    There are branches of Evans all over the place, and they are Dawes dealers.
    At the end of the holiday advertise the bike on here?

  4. <joboils@spam_less_hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've had a request for info on renting a touring bike in the UK for
    someone planning a summer holiday in 2007. The CTC sites gives just
    the one, in Surrey, and that seems MTB only. Any others known of? -
    near airports would help.

    A colleagues brother is into this kind of thing but, from memory he is (1)
    more into tandems and (2) based in Wales somewhere but, while searching for
    his web site (failed) I came across
    http://www.tandem-club.org.uk/_tandemhire.htm. Now, I know you're not
    looking for a tandem but someone that hires tandems is (I believe) lkikely
    to hire ordinary bikes as well. None is near Heathrow but within
    reasonable striking distance of Gatwick is
    http://www.bigfootbikes.co.uk/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=8&MMN_position=2:2
    who claim to hire "road" bikes. I know nothing about them, I picked them
    purely as an example and on the basis that they were reasonably accesible
    from Gatwick (and even from London).

  5. Graham Harrison said:


    <joboils@spam_less_hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've had a request for info on renting a touring bike in the UK for
    someone planning a summer holiday in 2007. The CTC sites gives just
    the one, in Surrey, and that seems MTB only. Any others known of? -
    near airports would help.

    A colleagues brother is into this kind of thing but, from memory he is (1)
    more into tandems and (2) based in Wales somewhere but, while searching for
    his web site (failed) I came across
    http://www.tandem-club.org.uk/_tandemhire.htm. Now, I know you're not
    looking for a tandem but someone that hires tandems is (I believe) lkikely
    to hire ordinary bikes as well. None is near Heathrow but within
    reasonable striking distance of Gatwick is
    http://www.bigfootbikes.co.uk/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=8&MMN_position=2:2
    who claim to hire "road" bikes. I know nothing about them, I picked them
    purely as an example and on the basis that they were reasonably accesible
    from Gatwick (and even from London).


    Thank you for your responses.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.