UK and Europe · Public discussion

Renting roof-racks

Started by Colin Blackburn · · Last activity · 3 posts · 878 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
4 July 2003
Last activity
4 July 2003
Original author
Colin Blackburn
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
878
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Has anyone any experience of renting roof racks or bike carriers? I have found one site,
    roofracks.co.uk, that offers such a service at about 50 quid for what we need for the time we need
    it. We are reticent to buy as we are likely to change our car in the next six months. Any pointers
    or advice would be appreciated.

    Colin

  2. Colin Blackburn said:

    Has anyone any experience of renting roof racks or bike carriers? I have found one site,
    roofracks.co.uk, that offers such a service at about 50 quid for what we need for the time we need
    it. We are reticent to buy as we are likely to change our car in the next six months. Any pointers
    or advice would be appreciated.

    Colin

    Why not consider buying something that has interchangeable feet on the bars so all you have to do if
    you change cars is invest in a new set of feet. Thule do a range like this as I'm sure others do.
    --
    Regards

    Tony Hogarty (take out garbage to reply)

  3. Tony Hogarty said:

    Why not consider buying something that has interchangeable feet on the bars so all you have to
    do if you change cars is invest in a new set of feet. Thule do a range like this as I'm sure
    others do.

    I thought about that but as the car is a small hatch-back we also need a roof bar extension kit, at
    least as far as I can tell. There is also an adaptor kit specified but I am not sure if that is
    specific to the Ka or not. With Thule prices and racks for two bikes the whole package is pushing
    200 quid of which upto 70 quid may not be transferable to another car. A further reason for the
    reticence is that it is likely the next car we get will take the bikes inside.

    Colin

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.