Renting roof-racks

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Colin Blackburn, Jul 4, 2003.

  1. Has anyone any experience of renting roof racks or bike carriers? I have found one site,
    roofracks.co.uk, that offers such a service at about 50 quid for what we need for the time we need
    it. We are reticent to buy as we are likely to change our car in the next six months. Any pointers
    or advice would be appreciated.

    Colin

    Tags:

  2. Tony Hogarty

    Tony Hogarty Guest

    Colin Blackburn wrote:

    > Has anyone any experience of renting roof racks or bike carriers? I have found one site,
    > roofracks.co.uk, that offers such a service at about 50 quid for what we need for the time we need
    > it. We are reticent to buy as we are likely to change our car in the next six months. Any pointers
    > or advice would be appreciated.
    >
    > Colin

    Why not consider buying something that has interchangeable feet on the bars so all you have to do if
    you change cars is invest in a new set of feet. Thule do a range like this as I'm sure others do.
    --
    Regards

    Tony Hogarty (take out garbage to reply)

  3. Tony Hogarty wrote:

    > Why not consider buying something that has interchangeable feet on the bars so all you have to
    > do if you change cars is invest in a new set of feet. Thule do a range like this as I'm sure
    > others do.

    I thought about that but as the car is a small hatch-back we also need a roof bar extension kit, at
    least as far as I can tell. There is also an adaptor kit specified but I am not sure if that is
    specific to the Ka or not. With Thule prices and racks for two bikes the whole package is pushing
    200 quid of which upto 70 quid may not be transferable to another car. A further reason for the
    reticence is that it is likely the next car we get will take the bikes inside.

    Colin