Repainting old Shimano "Lance" pedals

Gary Kamieneski

Guest
I'm considering refinishing an old pair of Shimano Ultegra Look-style pedals. These were the white
ones while Lance road the silver Dura Ace model.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of brush-on paint (perhaps alkyd epoxy) that could be used to
leave a hard smooth finish? If they have to be spray painted, what should I use.

"Gary Kamieneski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm considering refinishing an old pair of Shimano Ultegra Look-style pedals. These were the white
> ones while Lance road the silver Dura Ace model.
>
> Does anyone know if there is some kind of brush-on paint (perhaps alkyd epoxy) that could be used
> to leave a hard smooth finish? If they have to be spray painted, what should I use.

If you paint them, they're sure to look awful in a matter of weeks. Perhaps you could simply remove
all the paint and then polish them? I imagine they would come up quite well.\

Regards,

Suzy (who has a pair of horrid looking 105 look pattern pedals on her bike that she can't bear to
part with)

--
---
Suzy Jackson [email protected] http://www.suzyj.net