Repainting old Shimano "Lance" pedals

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gary Kamieneski, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. I'm considering refinishing an old pair of Shimano Ultegra Look-style pedals. These were the white
    ones while Lance road the silver Dura Ace model.

    Does anyone know if there is some kind of brush-on paint (perhaps alkyd epoxy) that could be used to
    leave a hard smooth finish? If they have to be spray painted, what should I use.

    Tags:

  2. Suzy Jackson

    Suzy Jackson Guest

    "Gary Kamieneski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm considering refinishing an old pair of Shimano Ultegra Look-style pedals. These were the white
    > ones while Lance road the silver Dura Ace model.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is some kind of brush-on paint (perhaps alkyd epoxy) that could be used
    > to leave a hard smooth finish? If they have to be spray painted, what should I use.

    If you paint them, they're sure to look awful in a matter of weeks. Perhaps you could simply remove
    all the paint and then polish them? I imagine they would come up quite well.\

    Regards,

    Suzy (who has a pair of horrid looking 105 look pattern pedals on her bike that she can't bear to
    part with)

    --
    ---
    Suzy Jackson [email protected] http://www.suzyj.net