Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Repair gear cable adjusters

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 4 posts · 584 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
21 March 2006
Last activity
23 March 2006
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
584
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. How do I repair the seized gear cable adjuster on my aluminium alloy
    road bike frame. One, the left, was repaired (by drilling out the
    exisiting seized adjuster, tapping the hole and fitting a new adjuster)
    by my LBS recently but has now seized again.

    Advice please. Thanks.

  2. PcBlaster followed by light synthetic oil

  3. Quoted message said:

    How do I repair the seized gear cable adjuster on my aluminium alloy
    road bike frame. One, the left, was repaired (by drilling out the
    exisiting seized adjuster, tapping the hole and fitting a new adjuster)
    by my LBS recently but has now seized again.

    I had that problem, but on a steel frame. I replaced the cable adjuster
    with a ferrule. The rear derailer has a built-in adjuster, so I didn't
    need two adjusters.

    Elsewhere on that bike I have an inline cable adjuster. You could use
    one of those to replace the removed adjuster.

    --
    Dave
    dvt at psu dot edu

  4. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    How do I repair the seized gear cable adjuster on my aluminium alloy
    road bike frame. One, the left, was repaired (by drilling out the
    exisiting seized adjuster, tapping the hole and fitting a new adjuster)
    by my LBS recently but has now seized again.

    Advice please. Thanks.

    After you fix the problem, make sure you use some anti-seize on the threads.
    ---------------
    Alex

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.