Repair Stand

Cappelle

May 10, 2010
I tried searching this forum or info on Repair stands but still had a few que of my own. I have been looking for a repair stand for a bit now and every time i think i have decided I read something new. i was thinking about the Park Tool PCS-10 or maybe even the PCS 9. But i have heard allot of people like the feedback( the same as ultimate i think) repair stands. so i am confused again. Also i am not sure if it's worth paying more and getting the feedback pro elite. I have a garage so size and folding don't matter at all to me. I Have a mountain bike and my wife as a hybrid type. I would most likely also use it for maintenance on other family members bikes.

any thought on this would be great.

Cappelle

I have a PRS 21, which is a horse style repair stand. I didn't want to get a tube clamping stand since no-one seems to make a bike with round tubes or round seatposts any more. You clamp via the front or rear drop out instead.
The stand ends up being very stable and I prefer it even though I have to drop a wheel out.

thanks for your thoughts but i am not sure if i want one where you have to remove the front wheel.

Yes, Feedback is the same as Ultimate; I have one of their stand, for not a lot of money. The BR-50, "Recreational" Stand.

I've used Park stands at work for a decade now, and this one matches up pretty well. The ONLY thing I have to be careful about is this -- my bike is a 21" frame, and a bit heavy, so if I pull the back wheel, the stand CAN tip over. Never thought it'd come in handy to have a sloping garage floor!

thanks for your thoughts. I think I stuck between the Feedback pro Classic or the Park tools PCS-10. I would think about upgrading to the feedback pro-elite too but its like 60 bucks more for a quick release clamp from what i can tell.

I have had a Park PCS-9 for several years now and it has worked very well for me.

FWIW. This may seem like a trivial point, but you should decide whether you think that you will prefer to stand-or-sit (or, both) when you are working on your bike(s) -- I think most people like to stand ... I prefer to sit -- so, you may want to be certain that whatever stand you choose can be adjusted, accordingly.

You might want to pull the trigger this week. REI is offering 25% off on Feedback Sports stands. http://www.rei.com/search?cat=8000&cat=8000&cat=4500003_Bike+Accessories&cat=4500139&jxBrand=Feedback&hist=cat%2C4500003_Bike+Accessories%3ABike+Accessories^cat%2C4500139%3ABike+Tools^jxBrand%2CFeedback

The Pro Elite clamp is really the shiznit, but the clamp on the Pro Ultralight isn't half as bad as some reviewers make it out as. I use the Pro Classic, which is the Ultralight clamp on the Elite pedestal. These are all beautifully made and easy to use.