repairing tires?

hwttdz

Sep 28, 2003
I was browsing another thread and saw something about repairing tires (weisse luft) saying contact cement can close cuts in the tires. I have these slick michelin tires that have a puncture resistant layer bead to bead so things don't get through much to give me flats, but I do pick a lot of small rocks and glass bits out so the tires get all cut up. Anybody else heard about this? is it purely cosmetic? does it help reduce flats?

hwttdz said:
I was browsing another thread and saw something about repairing tires (weisse luft) saying contact cement can close cuts in the tires. I have these slick michelin tires that have a puncture resistant layer bead to bead so things don't get through much to give me flats, but I do pick a lot of small rocks and glass bits out so the tires get all cut up. Anybody else heard about this? is it purely cosmetic? does it help reduce flats?

That same thread caught my attention as well because the last time I bought a tire........I bought what the mechanic called a "BULLET PROOF" tire and he told me IT WOULD NEVER GO FLAT. Well............it has NEVER gone flat. But has anyone else heard of these tires??? Because I bought his story. Is there such a thing?

tinajoy said:
That same thread caught my attention as well because the last time I bought a tire........I bought what the mechanic called a "BULLET PROOF" tire and he told me IT WOULD NEVER GO FLAT. Well............it has NEVER gone flat. But has anyone else heard of these tires??? Because I bought his story. Is there such a thing?

I don't think there is such a thing as a tire that will never go flat. Some tires with Kevlar belts and heavier rubber are definitely more puncture resistant.
As for the gluing theory I've done it, but I don't know if it helps with future punctures. I just don't like lots of small cuts in my tires.