repairing tires?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by hwttdz, Jul 20, 2004.

1. hwttdz

hwttdz New Member

I was browsing another thread and saw something about repairing tires (weisse luft) saying contact cement can close cuts in the tires. I have these slick michelin tires that have a puncture resistant layer bead to bead so things don't get through much to give me flats, but I do pick a lot of small rocks and glass bits out so the tires get all cut up. Anybody else heard about this? is it purely cosmetic? does it help reduce flats?

Tags:

2. tinajoy

tinajoy New Member

That same thread caught my attention as well because the last time I bought a tire........I bought what the mechanic called a "BULLET PROOF" tire and he told me IT WOULD NEVER GO FLAT. Well............it has NEVER gone flat. But has anyone else heard of these tires??? Because I bought his story. Is there such a thing?

3. eric_the_red

eric_the_red New Member

I don't think there is such a thing as a tire that will never go flat. Some tires with Kevlar belts and heavier rubber are definitely more puncture resistant.
    As for the gluing theory I've done it, but I don't know if it helps with future punctures. I just don't like lots of small cuts in my tires.

4. hwttdz

hwttdz New Member

what sort of glue do you use?