Repairstand?

DevilMan

Oct 23, 2002
I'm looking for a repairstand to do some (small) repairs and my bike, and to make bike cleaning easier..

Now i've been looking at the ParkTool stands, and although they seem to be really good according to review, they are also very expensive.

Now i found that Tacx has a repairstand (Tacx - T3000 Cyclestand) which has a much nicer pricetage (70 euro's instead of the 280 euros for the cheapest Parktool stand).

Does anybody have some experience with the Tacx stand, or know of any other repairstands that don't cost as much as the Parktool?

I'm not familiar with the T3000 personally, but hear it is very good. I have the slightly more expensive T3075 model (about 10-15 euros?). This type of repair stand is very popular with the pro team mechanics in Europe. I find this stand to be excellent, particularly because does not require a clamp that could damage your frame or seat post. Instead of a clamp, the frame is attached by the front or rear dropouts by a quick release skewer. The stand is also very stable.:)

i have seen that T3075 model, but don't really like the fact that you have to remove a wheel to be able to do some work on the bike, i rather have a stand like the T3000 or the Park Tool that hold the bike completely.

I have a Performance (US mail order brand), but I believe that the OEM is Minoura. I'ts a tubular aluminium model that folds up quite compactly, yet is very sturdy. Nice clamp, safe and easy to use.

I believe it cost me around $160 US.

Hi Guys

We transport our bikes in South Africa on bike carriers mounted behind the car. This rack is mounted to the trailer hitch. Almost evey car has a hitch here... we camp a lot and use the trailers for that.

I built our first bike transporter myself. It is basicly a piece of square tubing standing upright with another piece at right angles to it at the top. On this is a clamp that clamps the top tube of the bike. The bottom of the clamp is a piece of angle ireon welded on like a gutter. I stuck some high density foam to this to protect the bike. I made a rudimentary stand for this carrier and now hang my tandem on this. I do not even use the clamp anymore and do all my maintenance on this. I even remove BB's etc that take quite a lot of effort. It works very well and I even use it to wash the bike. Everything is at eye level. This is also now the permanent storage for the tandem. If you are handy and have a welder and angle grinder you can build a work stand very easily. Some store built carriers could also be used for this and adapted by making a stand. Wil try and post a photo as soon as I bring the digital home.

Hope this helps

Keep those wheels spinning!!!

Big H