Replace crankset/chain?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Risto Varanka, May 16, 2003.

  1. If you need to replace your crankset, should you also replace the chain and the rear cassette?
    Assume you have a crankset still in its first (slightly worn) chain/cassette, which needs replacing
    for some reason...

  2. David Kunz

    David Kunz Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > If you need to replace your crankset, should you also replace the chain and the rear cassette?
    > Assume you have a crankset still in its first (slightly worn) chain/cassette, which needs
    > replacing for some reason...

    Depends on the wear. I'd only replace if there's chain skip under power.

    David