Replace outter chainring - need directions

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Miguel Guerreir, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. I want to convert my mountain bike (Mongoose XR100) to a road bike. However, I don't get the desired
    speed with my current crankset and want to replace the outter chainring (48 tooth) by a larger one
    (52 tooth). What brands/models can I buy and how do I go about making sure that they are compatible
    with my inner chainrings, which don't need to be replaced. I don't use the bike very often, so a
    cheap replacement would be fine. My specs are:
    - Shifters: Shimano Revo RS-41
    - Derailleurs: Shimano C-050 Rapid Reverse
    - Crank: Aluminum alloy crank 28/38/48T
    - Freewheel: 11-28T

    Thanks for your help. Mig

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > I want to convert my mountain bike (Mongoose XR100) to a road bike. However,
    >
    > Mig

    Let the ass whooping begin!
    --
    Slacker

  3. Deluxe Model

    Deluxe Model Guest

    > > I want to convert my mountain bike (Mongoose XR100) to a road bike. However,
    > >
    > > Mig
    >
    > Let the ass whooping begin!

    Uh oh....

  4. Cameron

    Cameron Guest

  5. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 17:53:57 -0700, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> I want to convert my mountain bike (Mongoose XR100) to a road bike. However,
    >>
    >> Mig
    >
    >Let the ass whooping begin!

    Didn't I see a .cx link that had directions on how to do this? Pete?

    Bill Porter www.mountainbikebill.com