replacement for a 11 year old Gary Fischer Zebrano

sd2dd

Jul 5, 2014
Hi. My bike, my bike rack, my car, and myself were hit on the freeway. I'm ok...but all the other items need to be replaced. I am curious on what your thoughts are for an equivalent replacement bike. I loved my bike, and only wish it was slightly lighter. I go on trails and easy rides on the street. Is the Trek 8.3DS a good replacement? After looking I think comfort is first in my mind, with lightness second. But I definitely need something that can do road and trails/crushed pebbles. Thanks.

This isn't rocket science. A Trek Verve looks like the most direct replacement, but you might prefer the sportier handling of the DS.

Originally Posted by oldbobcat
This isn't rocket science. A Trek Verve looks like the most direct replacement, but you might prefer the sportier handling of the DS.
Thanks! I looked at the Trek Verve 3 and the 8.3DS. I am not married to Trek however, and wouldn't mind a cheaper alternative. The LBS near me sells Trek and Cannondale. There is also a very large bike store close by that probably sells everything.