Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Replacement for Maxam HotChili Pro

Started by Mjm · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,338 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
11 August 2003
Last activity
11 August 2003
Original author
Mjm
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,338
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My Maxam met it's unfortunate demise to a Toyota Minivan last Monday. (sadly I was on it
    at the time)

    For those who may not have heard of this bike, it was a 7101 Aluminium frame with Shimano LX
    components throughout and a set of RockShox Mag21 suspension.

    As I was not at fault, her insurance is picking up the cost to replace this bike, from several bike
    shops they have priced a replacement at $3000CAD ($2100us). I am now faced with trying to figure out
    what sort of bike to replace it with.

    I am 6'2 and tip in at around 240lbs, and ride for recreational fun. About 60% of my time is on bike
    trails through the bush, and 40% being on road.

    I have looked at Trek Liquid 20, and it feels and rides ok but I haven't found a 19" frame, only
    17". I have also seen the Rocky Mountain ETSX50 and it felt OK too. What sort of bike should I be
    looking for as I haven't a clue between cross country / Downhill etc..

    any help appreciated

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.