UK and Europe · Public discussion

Replacement for SRAM 3.0 Gripshift

Started by jake · · Last activity · 3 posts · 379 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
1 May 2006
Last activity
2 May 2006
Original author
jake
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
379
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I bough a Marin Larkspur a few years ago with 8 Speed SRAM 3.0
    Gripshifters. I've replace the rear shifter 2 times now and wonder if
    there are more reliable gripshifters which are easy to fit.

    Anybody have any recommendations?

  2. in message <[email hidden]>, jake

    (') said:

    I bough a Marin Larkspur a few years ago with 8 Speed SRAM 3.0
    Gripshifters. I've replace the rear shifter 2 times now and wonder if
    there are more reliable gripshifters which are easy to fit.

    Certainly are; 3.0 is bottom-of-the-range. I have 9.0 (now superceded by
    X.9) which are really really nice, but if you don't want to spend that
    much money 5.0 or 7.0 are pretty good. The professional racing teams use
    X.0, but as far as I can see there's no real benefit over X.9. Remember,
    if you have SRAM derailleurs you want 1:1 actuation ratio, if you have
    Shimano you want 2:1.

    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?Manufacturer=SRAM&CategoryName=Gear%20Levers

    --
    [email hidden] (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

    ;; ... exposing the violence incoherent in the system...

  3. Simon Brooke <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Certainly are; 3.0 is bottom-of-the-range. I have 9.0 (now superceded
    by X.9) which are really really nice, but if you don't want to spend
    that much money 5.0 or 7.0 are pretty good. The professional racing
    teams use X.0, but as far as I can see there's no real benefit over
    X.9. Remember, if you have SRAM derailleurs you want 1:1 actuation
    ratio, if you have Shimano you want 2:1.

    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Default.aspx?Manufacturer=SRAM&CategoryName=Gea
    r%20Levers

    Excellent, thank you very much!

    JAKE

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.