replacement lever for old school non-aero Weinmann brake lever?

Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®

Guest
Where can I find one? Mine is about to crack. TIA.

On Sep 21, 7:21 pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Where can I find one? Mine is about to crack. TIA.

I like the Tektro R200. About $20. Similar shape to Campy Ergo. If you
want a more traditional shape, the Nashbar aero levers are around $15
and come with spare hoods. Cane Creek rebadges the R200 as the SCR5
and it comes in black or gum hoods, and also in a compact model.

On Sep 21, 8:09 pm, landotter <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sep 21, 7:21 pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®"
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Where can I find one? Mine is about to crack. TIA.

> I like the Tektro R200. About $20. Similar shape to Campy Ergo. If you
> want a more traditional shape, the Nashbar aero levers are around $15
> and come with spare hoods. Cane Creek rebadges the R200 as the SCR5
> and it comes in black or gum hoods, and also in a compact model.

Mind, if you want a non-aero retro replacement, you'll have to hit
ebay. I think the Cane Creek (Tektro) with the non-hardening gum hoods
are a good compromise between function and aesthetics.

news:[email protected]...
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Where can I find one? Mine is about to crack. TIA.

>I like the Tektro R200. About $20. Similar shape to Campy Ergo. If you
>want a more traditional shape, the Nashbar aero levers are around $15
>and come with spare hoods. Cane Creek rebadges the R200 as the SCR5
>and it comes in black or gum hoods, and also in a compact model.

Thanks. Can't go wrong with the Tektro R200 at that price. It's for my old
'71 Raleigh Record. I'll get the silver bladed ones just so they will look
somewhat 'retro'. But it also means I won't be able to wedge a baguette (or
Cuban bread for me) between the cable housing and the bar! Oh well.

On Sep 21, 9:02 pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
> On Sep 21, 7:21 pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®"
>
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Where can I find one? Mine is about to crack. TIA.
> >I like the Tektro R200. About $20. Similar shape to Campy Ergo. If you
> >want a more traditional shape, the Nashbar aero levers are around $15
> >and come with spare hoods. Cane Creek rebadges the R200 as the SCR5
> >and it comes in black or gum hoods, and also in a compact model.

> Thanks. Can't go wrong with the Tektro R200 at that price. It's for my old
> '71 Raleigh Record. I'll get the silver bladed ones just so they will look
> somewhat 'retro'. But it also means I won't be able to wedge a baguette (or
> Cuban bread for me) between the cable housing and the bar! Oh well.

Just a heads up: salami shopping will also be more of a challenge, buy
extra toe straps!

In article <[email protected]>,
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> On Sep 21, 7:21 pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Where can I find one? Mine is about to crack. TIA.

> >I like the Tektro R200. About $20. Similar shape to Campy Ergo. If you
> >want a more traditional shape, the Nashbar aero levers are around $15
> >and come with spare hoods. Cane Creek rebadges the R200 as the SCR5
> >and it comes in black or gum hoods, and also in a compact model.

> Thanks. Can't go wrong with the Tektro R200 at that price. It's for my old
> '71 Raleigh Record. I'll get the silver bladed ones just so they will look
> somewhat 'retro'. But it also means I won't be able to wedge a baguette (or
> Cuban bread for me) between the cable housing and the bar! Oh well.

You will not miss those cable loops.
I made the switch on an old Raleigh.
The big fat hoods are a huge improvement too.
I have actually considered replacing Ultegra
brake levers on another bicycle with Tektros.

--
Michael Press

"Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®" <[email protected]> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...
> Where can I find one? Mine is about to crack. TIA.

Weinmann and the almost identical DiaCompe levers are always listed on
eBay.

Chas.