Replacement shimano brake hood question

The P

Guest
Hi there, I have a set of STI levers from around 1996. The hoods require
replacing. Where can I locate the part number on the hoods in order for me
to get some new ones?

Failing that, does anyone know what part number the older style STI hoods
are? Perhaps Shimano has not updated the design (I will not hold my breath
on that one!!)

Regards

The P wrote:
> Hi there, I have a set of STI levers from around 1996. The hoods require
> replacing. Where can I locate the part number on the hoods in order for me
> to get some new ones?
>
> Failing that, does anyone know what part number the older style STI hoods
> are? Perhaps Shimano has not updated the design (I will not hold my breath
> on that one!!)
>
> Regards

I'd try Sheldon at Harris Cyclery.

Marty

The P wrote:
> Hi there, I have a set of STI levers from around 1996. The hoods require
> replacing. Where can I locate the part number on the hoods in order for me
> to get some new ones?
>
> Failing that, does anyone know what part number the older style STI hoods
> are? Perhaps Shimano has not updated the design (I will not hold my breath
> on that one!!)

Peel back the hood on the outside edge near the handlebar.
You'll see a part number that starts ST-something.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org