Replacement Ultegra Cone(s)

Kbh

Guest
In the process of overhauling an Ultegra front hub and one of the cones is fried. I don't see these
online anywhere. Is this something my LBS should have, or can get? How much are they typically, and
can I buy just one?

Thanks,

Kyle

> In the process of overhauling an Ultegra front hub and one of the cones is fried. I don't see
> these online anywhere. Is this something my LBS
should
> have, or can get? How much are they typically, and can I buy just one?

One more thing...what are the consequences of not replacing this cone (pitted groove worn into the
cone about 2/3 the way around) besides lack of buttery smoothness? Could this get worse, and cause
the balls to become damaged, thus damaging the cups, etc...?

Its a good durable, true wheel so I'd like to keep it going.

"KBH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:xeCva.809536$3D1.455393@sccrnsc01...
> In the process of overhauling an Ultegra front hub and one of the cones is fried. I don't see
> these online anywhere. Is this something my LBS
should
> have, or can get? How much are they typically, and can I buy just one?

Any competent LBS which regularly service bicycles will have them . And the new grade 25 bearings
you want, too.

KBH-<< In the process of overhauling an Ultegra front hub and one of the cones is fried. I don't see
these online anywhere. Is this something my LBS should have, or can get? How much are they
typically, and can I buy just one?

Most bike shops 'should' have them, easy to get, about $4.