Replacement Ultegra Cone(s)

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kbh, May 11, 2003.

  1. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    In the process of overhauling an Ultegra front hub and one of the cones is fried. I don't see these
    online anywhere. Is this something my LBS should have, or can get? How much are they typically, and
    can I buy just one?

    Thanks,

    Kyle

    Tags:

  2. Kbh

    Kbh Guest

    > In the process of overhauling an Ultegra front hub and one of the cones is fried. I don't see
    > these online anywhere. Is this something my LBS
    should
    > have, or can get? How much are they typically, and can I buy just one?

    One more thing...what are the consequences of not replacing this cone (pitted groove worn into the
    cone about 2/3 the way around) besides lack of buttery smoothness? Could this get worse, and cause
    the balls to become damaged, thus damaging the cups, etc...?

    Its a good durable, true wheel so I'd like to keep it going.

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "KBH" <kbh[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > In the process of overhauling an Ultegra front hub and one of the cones is fried. I don't see
    > these online anywhere. Is this something my LBS
    should
    > have, or can get? How much are they typically, and can I buy just one?

    Any competent LBS which regularly service bicycles will have them . And the new grade 25 bearings
    you want, too.

  4. KBH-<< In the process of overhauling an Ultegra front hub and one of the cones is fried. I don't see
    these online anywhere. Is this something my LBS should have, or can get? How much are they
    typically, and can I buy just one?

    Most bike shops 'should' have them, easy to get, about $4.