Replacement Wire For Old Cycleops Pro 300pt

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by ayogev, May 29, 2015.

1. ayogev

ayogev New Member

Hello ,
    I own a cycleops pro 300pt that until last week work perfectly fine.
    This is an old wired model from 2006.
    Last week is stopped to show power and I found that the connector that connect to the console is destroyed and cannot be fixed.
    I did contact Cycleops but they do not have any spare parts.
    They told me that if I will find one of the old powertap outdoor wired kit it will also work.

I searched the web but could not find both a replacement cable or the old wired powertap kit.
    I will appreciate any advise on where I can find theses discontinued parts
    Thanks you.

Tags:

2. JayB29

JayB29 New Member

Did you ever find replacement parts or a wiring diagram for your 300PT? I have the same issue - the wires got ripped out, and I'm not sure how to connect the head unit to the sensor. Thanks!

3. ayogev

ayogev New Member

Hello , I did not find the wired flywheel , but I found a matching wireless wheel in Saris UK and ordered it. I use it for few month and it work great . As the head unit I use my Garmin 810 which connect to the wheel wireless . it work very well.

4. ayogev

ayogev New Member

BTW - I did also manage to fix the wired head unit. I guess the issue you have is same as I have - one of the wires got disconnected . I disassembled the connector and found the wire with the issue and with the help of a local electronic repair store they reconnected it . It's very gentle wires so it's not so easy to fix - but it's possible.

5. divinemaredi

divinemaredi New Member

Wow, would like to know how a wired flywheel looks like.

6. ayogev

ayogev New Member

If you want will be happy to share with you the information I found,you can contact me via my email ([email protected]) with your contact details if you want and let's have a call on this.

In general you have near the wheel a wireless sensor that is connected to a wired unit , the wire go to the handlebar and connect to the head unit. I guess the issue you have is with a connector in the head unit , probably when replacing battery over the years one of the connectors got disconnected.

7. judyd1

judyd1 New Member

Hi! I'm not sure if you ever found replacement parts for your 300pt. They are not that easy to find, but I did find a website that includes a 1-800 number where you can call and describe the part or parts you need and they will do their best to find it for you. Here's the link:
    https://www.cycleops.com/support/faqs
    Hope that helps.