General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Replacing batteries in Timex HRM?

Started by Harold Buck · · Last activity · 2 posts · 310 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
18 September 2005
Last activity
18 September 2005
Original author
Harold Buck
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
310
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Does anyone know how I go about getting the batteries replaced in my
    Timex heart rate monitor? I seem to remember a factor in my decision to
    buy it was that you did not have to mail it to the manufacturer (like
    Polar) to get the batteries replaced, but I can't find anyone around
    here who'll do it.

    --Harold Buck

    "I used to rock and roll all night,
    and party every day.
    Then it was every other day. . . ."
    -Homer J. Simpson

  2. Harold Buck said:

    Does anyone know how I go about getting the batteries replaced in my
    Timex heart rate monitor? I seem to remember a factor in my decision to
    buy it was that you did not have to mail it to the manufacturer (like
    Polar) to get the batteries replaced, but I can't find anyone around
    here who'll do it.

    --Harold Buck

    I assume you are referring to the transmitter, not the watch(?).

    It is intended to be do-it-yourself. The back of the chest strap (the
    side facing your skin) should have a cap that can be unscrewed with a
    coin.

    My model uses the same battery for the watch as for the transmitter.
    They are commonly available at the corner drug store (CVS, Eckered,
    etc.).

    I have also downloaded the PDF owner's manual from Timex before. That
    is easier for me to store or organize than the little paper manual that
    comes with the watch. The manual should go into more detail.

    http://www.timex.com/html/watch_instructions.html

    rsquared

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.