Replacing bottom bracket help

StUpId8000

Jul 18, 2016
Bike broke about 4 months ago. Got lazy and now deciding to fix it. Cheap Kent built bike. 26" full suspension . I need to get a new bottom bracket. I'm new to this kinda. I was able to find its 68 x 120 from emailing someone at Kent. There was nothing stamped anywhere on the bike. The one I took out is just like this.
$_3.jpg

Not sure what style this is other then cheap. What would be an inexpensive upgrade/replacement?

Reactions: Iftikhar422
How about a trip to your local bicycle shop? They'll be able to replace your BB for a reasonable fee.

Reactions: Iftikhar422
How about a trip to your local bicycle shop? They'll be able to replace your BB for a reasonable fee.

I can replace it myself, wasn't really that hard to removed. Just not sure if I can replace with just any BB. I took it apart to replace the crankset. Cheap thing bent on me. So I thought I would just replace the BB also with a full set. I'm just a bit new to the terms. I was told its a 68 x 120. Thats diameter by width? Do I have to stay with taper or can I get an external? I just see that there are different types so wanted to ask 1st.

Looking to just get something like this.
[url=http://tinyurl.com/zuypkd8/]amazon[/URL]

Last edited:
68 == bottom bracket shell width
== bottom bracket spindle length

Any 118mm or 120mm square taper, Cartridge Bottom Bracket will do ...

You will want the appropriate "Shimano" cartridge BB tool.​

The driveside BB cup has a right hand thread ...

The non-driveside BB cup has a left hand thread.

It is 'probably just a cheap English threaded bottom bracket. 'Probably'. Cheap bikes sometimes do no follow any accepted standards or use a partially standard component.

Here is everything you need to know about BB's if you want to replace it yourself.
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bbsize.html

Any equivalent English threaded $15-$30 BB should work. Your local bike shop should have inexpensive versions in stock. The spindle is 120 MM in OAL and the bike's BB shell is 68 MM wide.

Your picture is not loading. I don't know if you have a loose ball/cup BB or a cartridge style, but cheap bikes usually use the least expensive type going...loose balls (sometimes genuinely loose and sometimes retained by a bearing cage) with one fixed cup and one adjustable cup with a lock ring.