Replacing brake lever hoods

Neal Jones

Guest
New around here so my newsreader only downloaded the last 50
messages, which is a round about way of saying if this
question has been answered a million times before, take it
easy on me.

I have Campag Athena ergopower brake/shifters. The rubber
hoods have perrished so I removed them, they fell apart
during the process. Question: can new hoods be fitted
without removing the entire brake lever assembly, even
though they were knackered, the old ones took a lot of
effort to get off. a new pair is £17 I dont want to attempt
to get them on incorrectly and rip/overstretch them.

Neal

I'm going to top-post this messsage. And I really hate to
have to scroll though 100 lines of repeated text to get
to the new lines at the bottom. I installed new 105
shifter hoods just once. I did it with the shifters off
the bars. These hoods were really tough. There was no
danger of tearing them, even though I pulled the hell out
of the rubber.

news:<[email protected]>...

flatline wrote:
> I'm going to top-post this messsage. And I really hate to
> have to scroll though 100 lines of repeated text to get to
> the new lines at the bottom.

Learn how to trim. (And it's ironic that you answer this way
when there was very little text in the first place.)

Bill "brainwaves?" S.

"Neal Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> New around here so my newsreader only downloaded the last
> 50 messages, which is a round about way of saying if this
> question has been answered a million times before, take it
> easy on me.
>
> I have Campag Athena ergopower brake/shifters. The
> rubber hoods have perrished so I removed them, they
> fell apart during the process. Question: can new hoods
> be fitted without removing the entire brake lever
> assembly, even though they were knackered, the old ones
> took a lot of effort to get off. a new pair is £17 I
> dont want to attempt to get them on incorrectly and
> rip/overstretch them.
>
> Neal

It's about a 5-10 minute job to stretch them over the
brakes, while they're on the bike. I've done several, never
had a problem.

-pete

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "flatline" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I'm going to top-post this messsage. And I really hate
> > to have to

Come on now... the best and worst thing about the internet
is that it gives one courage to act in a way that they would
never contemplate face to face. The example you just set out
above is an example of the worst thing.

Ritch

PS. Should I also be expecting a "f*ck you too" as well? or
just a "yes"?

Ritch <[email protected]> wrote:
>"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>"flatline" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>I'm going to top-post this messsage. And I really hate to
>>>have to

>Come on now... the best and worst thing about the internet
>is that it gives one courage to act in a way that they
>would never contemplate face to face.

Says you. I've employed vigorous language to top-
posters IRL.
--
David Damerell <[email protected]>
Distortion Field!

"Ritch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> "flatline" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>> I'm going to top-post this messsage. And I really hate
>>> to have to
>>

> Come on now... the best and worst thing about the internet
> is that it gives one courage to act in a way that they
> would never contemplate face to face. The example you just
> set out above is an example of the worst thing.

If you think I won't stand up to the wilfully obnoxious IRL
then you don't know me at all. Why don't you use your energy
more efficiently and worry about the moron to whom I
responded? I bet he's so stupid he thinks he's the first to
ever come up with that.

You didn't go out of your way to be an ********. He did.

--

A: Top-posters.
B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Dear David,

Thank heavens someone is willing to do something fierce and
manly and vigorous about the dreadful act of top-posting!

What would we do without the protection of such heroes?

Gratefully,

Carl Fogel

On 19 May 2004 16:07:16 +0100 (BST), David Damerell
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Ritch <[email protected]> wrote:

>>Come on now... the best and worst thing about the internet
>>is that it gives one courage to act in a way that they
>>would never contemplate face to face.
>
>Says you. I've employed vigorous language to top-
>posters IRL.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... [snip]

> If you think I won't stand up to the wilfully obnoxious
> IRL then you don't know me at all. Why don't you use your
> energy more efficiently and worry about the moron to whom
> I responded? I bet he's so stupid he thinks he's the first
> to ever come up with that.
>
> > PS. Should I also be expecting a "f*ck you too" as well?
> > or just a "yes"?
>
> You didn't go out of your way to be an ********. He did.

Point taken, though I confess I had to look up the meaning
of IRL. My point is that the guy broke netiquette but gave a
(poor) reason. Your response was concise, but not very
persuasive. I'm happy for you to argue the toss and stand up
for things that are important to you, but IRL you probably
wouldn't settle a dispute that way (I hope).

That's it, I'm getting of my high horse... it's too far to
fall if you get pushed.

Ritch