replacing Brake pads!

hpratvfrk

Jul 29, 2013
Hey guys, new to the forum here and I must say the community is HUGE! just started off biking to work and it is crazy fun, convenient, and healthy! Just bought myself a DeVinci Milano to start off and I'm enjoying it so far (switched from a mountain bike... Phew!). So when the time comes, how do you replace a brake pad and which specific brake pads would you guys go for? Thanks! -Rich

Remove the old brake pads with an alen key (probably) and then you attach the new one.

You adjust the cables (from the cable adjusters) so there is no brake rub between the rim and the pads without operating the brakes.

wink.png

Cable tension adjuster (There might be one more on your brake levers)

If you are using it on the wet then you might want to go for these all weather brake pads. But some of those might be too aggresive and wear your rim faster. Maybe a standard compound one would be ok.

I am currently using a pair of tektros. They are terrible on the first operation in the wet (need to use the brakes a couple of times to clean the rim first before they grip) but generaly ok in the dry.

People say good stuff about "koolstop" ones...
wink.png