Replacing dual control levers.

Martin Dann

Guest
On my commuter, the right hand dual control brake lever is a bit iffy,
and I want to replace it. Whilst I am replacing it I have been thinking
about upgrading the front brake to a Magura rim brake.

This means that I will also have to replace the quick fire rear
derailier control. (8 speed shimano).

Is this the gear control I need?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDeta...no XT M740 Right Hand 8 Speed Trigger Shifter
Shimano XT M740 Right Hand 8 Speed Trigger Shifter for £26.99

Is there a cheaper alternative, 27ukp seems a lot.

Martin Dann said the following on 06/05/2008 23:38:

> Is this the gear control I need?
> Shimano XT M740 Right Hand 8 Speed Trigger Shifter for £26.99

Yup!

> Is there a cheaper alternative, 27ukp seems a lot.

Yup! Have a look at the Deore or Deore LX version, or even Shimano
Rapidfire (which I don't like myself!)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

I mis-quoted the following on 07/05/2008 07:43:

> Yup! Have a look at the Deore or Deore LX version, or even Shimano
> Rapidfire (which I don't like myself!)

I meant EZ-Fire, not RapidFire, as being the ones I don't like!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

"Paul Boyd" <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote in message
>I mis-quoted the following on 07/05/2008 07:43:
>
>> Yup! Have a look at the Deore or Deore LX version, or even Shimano
>> Rapidfire (which I don't like myself!)

> I meant EZ-Fire, not RapidFire, as being the ones I don't like!

I think the issue is that we're talking 8 speed.

Doki said the following on 07/05/2008 15:47:

> I think the issue is that we're talking 8 speed.

Yes? There's still lots of 8-speed bikes around. My Hardrock of just
over a year ago was 8-speed, and had EX-Fire shifters.

--

> Doki said the following on 07/05/2008 15:47:
>
>> I think the issue is that we're talking 8 speed.

> Yes? There's still lots of 8-speed bikes around. My Hardrock of just
> over a year ago was 8-speed, and had EX-Fire shifters.

XT are the only ones on CRC. The only other option I can see is something
like Alivio. All the current mid-high end shimano stuff has moved towards 9
speed.