Replacing external bearing bb. w/ Internal

James R. Lewis

Guest
I have a 2006 Giant OCR Limited with a Truvativ Rouller triple crank with
the external bearings. I'd like to transfer parts from another bike and
convert the Giant to a compact double with an 'older' style internal b.b.
Will the internal b.b. setup fit on the Giant frame?
Thanks! Jim

James R. Lewis wrote:
> I have a 2006 Giant OCR Limited with a Truvativ Rouller triple crank with
> the external bearings. I'd like to transfer parts from another bike and
> convert the Giant to a compact double with an 'older' style internal b.b.
> Will the internal b.b. setup fit on the Giant frame?
> Thanks! Jim

Yes. Unless your older BB has Italian threads, which is unlikely.

Joseph

James,
I just did the same thing and put an ultegra BB and Ritchey cranks..
very happy so far.

Mike

James R. Lewis wrote:
> I have a 2006 Giant OCR Limited with a Truvativ Rouller triple crank with
> the external bearings. I'd like to transfer parts from another bike and
> convert the Giant to a compact double with an 'older' style internal b.b.
> Will the internal b.b. setup fit on the Giant frame?
> Thanks! Jim

Sure, that hasn't changed...remember the right side 'cup' is left
threaded-rightly-loosey-