Replacing Shifter Caps

keydates

Mar 9, 2004
I got into a little accident the other day (just a little road rash), and unfortunately the shifter caps (the pieces on top of the shifters that say "Shimano Ultegra Flight Deck") popped off. I found them laying on the ground, but I can't really put them back on, or at least not so that they will likely remain on. Is there any way to put on new caps without having to, say, replace the entire shifters? It's more of an aesthetic problem than a functional one.

keydates said:
I got into a little accident the other day (just a little road rash), and unfortunately the shifter caps (the pieces on top of the shifters that say "Shimano Ultegra Flight Deck") popped off. I found them laying on the ground, but I can't really put them back on, or at least not so that they will likely remain on. Is there any way to put on new caps without having to, say, replace the entire shifters? It's more of an aesthetic problem than a functional one.
You can "glue" the plastic pieces back in place with either some TUB & TILE CAULK (available anywhere) or some SILICON GASKET MAKER (available at an auto supply store, amongst other places) ... neither is completely permanent, the latter less so ... "stick" two pieces-of-anything together FIRST to get a sense of how strong the bond is for either type of product ...

OR, you can go to your LBS & have him/her/them order a new pair (~$18 EACH).