replacing velcro straps on cycling shoes?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Billx, Apr 28, 2003.

  1. Billx

    Billx Guest

    I have a pair of Times racing shoes from 1988 that are still in good condition except for the velcro
    straps that are starting to peal. Is there a way of getting the straps repaired or replaced?

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, BillX <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I have a pair of Times racing shoes from 1988 that are still in good condition except for the
    >velcro straps that are starting to peal. Is there a way of getting the straps repaired or replaced?

    I have had vinyl-backed velcro straps on cycling shoes replaced by a shoe repair shop.

    --Paul

  3. BillX <[email protected]> wrote:
    : I have a pair of Times racing shoes from 1988 that are still in good condition except for the
    : velcro straps that are starting to peal. Is there a way of getting the straps repaired or
    : replaced?

    Any decent shoe repairman should be able to fashion replacement straps in a few minutes.

    Cheerz, Lynzz

  4. BillX wrote:

    > condition except for the velcro straps that are starting to peal. Is there a way of getting the
    > straps repaired or replaced?

    I had a local shoemaker replace the old straps. Cost a few bucks only.

    Patrick