Replacing worn Campy brake blocks

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by groo12, Jul 11, 2004.

  1. groo12

    groo12 New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2004
    Hi all,

    Long-time reader, first-time poster.

    Anybody got any tips for removing worn Campy brake blocks out of their holders?????

    Having an absolute bugger of a time removing the old ones, and then re-installing the new ones.

    Cheers

    Tags:

  2. Kenny Lee

    Kenny Lee Guest

    groo12 wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Long-time reader, first-time poster.
    >
    > Anybody got any tips for removing worn Campy brake blocks
    > out of their holders?????
    >
    > Having an absolute bugger of a time removing the old ones,
    > and then re- installing the new ones.
    >
    > Cheers

    What I did was to wedge a thin bladed screwdriver between
    the pad and the shoe and just pried them apart. My first
    instinct was to try to slide the pad out but, as you may
    have found this is impossible. The new pad will slide right
    in with a little help.

    Kenny Lee

  3. You wrote:
    > Anybody got any tips for removing worn Campy brake blocks
    > out of their holders????? Having an absolute bugger of a
    > time removing the old ones, and then re- installing the
    > new ones.

    Use a little grease when installing the new ones.

    --Anders.

  4. groo-<< Anybody got any tips for removing worn Campy brake
    blocks out of their holders????? >><BR><BR>

    Small thin screw driver, pry under the edge, pry off. Also
    pry the edges of the holder open a wee bit, spray block with
    armor-all or SIMPLE GREEN TO GET THEM TO SLIDE IN easily.

    Boulder, CO, 80302
    costruite eccezionalmente bene"