Replica jerseys off eBay? Need advice.

jonhutson

Dec 31, 2010
I'm new to cycling as of about a week ago, and now I am looking to buy some bib shorts and a jersey. I have noticed sellers on eBay selling "printed" replica jerseys. I am worried about their quality and what other cylcists think of such things. Does anyone have any advice on these cheaper versions of the expensive jerseys? Thanks for your help!

I bought both my fake specialized jerseys on E-bay and have been very satisfied, but they were not from overseas. That way if they do not fit, get one size larger than you think, you can return it for the correct size...good luck

You get what you pay for in most situations, sometimes you might be happy but if you havn't tried the real ones how would you know how they compare. Materials will more then likely be different, and quality of make not as good. But hey like I said you wont notice the difference until you've tried both

Scotttri is right, I got one of these chinese printed jersey/shorts combos. They are good quality and I was very satisfied... Until I got more serious and got a pair of more expensive bib shorts. Now I don't want to go back.

So I just second what Scorttri says! Get them if you don't want to have the chance of wasting money in case you stop cycling in a year. But if/when you decide you're serious the money's worth it. Especially when 4-5 hour rides come into the picture.

Hope this helps! I should also mention that mine haven't worn out in the year and a half I've had them, I just stopped using the shorts for my bum's sake.

Thanks guys. I went ahead and ordered a replica off of eBay, but made sure to get it from a U.S. seller. One day I will buy the real deal. I appreciate you guys taking your time to help me out.