Reply from Cineworld re Flying Scotsman

Jan

Guest
Thank you for contacting Cineworld.

It is Cineworld Strategy to show as many films as possible in as many of our
cinemas. However, sometimes it's not always possible due the film
distribution or customer demand.

If the Distributor releases a limited amount of prints, this will affect the
amount of prints we get and subsequently, reduces the amount of Cinemas the
film is shown at.

Secondly there is the commercial consideration. Should a film be a limited
release it will be shown at our Cinemas within the UK that has a high
customer demand for that particular film type. In this case, 'The Flying
Scotsman' is a Limited release and will only be shown at Enfield, Crawley,
Stevenage, Milton Keynes, Bristol, Cardiff, Ashton, Bolton, Bradford,
Castleford, Sheffield, Falkirk, Edinburgh & Glasgow Renfrew Street.

Now, how do they know there wouldn't be a high demand on the IW. We are
known as Bicycle Isle !!!

Jan

Jan wrote on 02/07/2007 14:40 +0100:

> Now, how do they know there wouldn't be a high demand on the IW. We are
> known as Bicycle Isle !!!

Yes, but you're Wighties, nuff said ;-)

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:40:41 +0100, "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote:

<snip>

> In this case, 'The Flying
>Scotsman' is a Limited release and will only be shown at Enfield, Crawley,

Hah! Excellent.

<gets popcorn>

Tim in Crawley.