Report From Europe

Brian Lafferty

Guest
A friend over in France sent me this news dispatch:

The recreational cyclist pace of the third stage of
the Tour de France led many observers to wonder if
this meant the cycling junkies are now engaged in
involuntary withdrawal from their dope. The sight of
the Astana team bent over the bikes wretching at the
feed station also gave credence to this speculation.
The helicopter shot seemed to witness an Italian
doctor in the woods by the road, brandishing a syringe
for Paolo Salvodelli...who bravely shook his head,
whispering, 'wait until August,' when the peloton
returns to Italy.

On Jul 11, 1:47 pm, Brian Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:
> A friend over in France sent me this news dispatch:
>
> The recreational cyclist pace of the third stage of
> the Tour de France led many observers to wonder if
> this meant the cycling junkies are now engaged in
> involuntary withdrawal from their dope. The sight of
> the Astana team bent over the bikes wretching at the
> feed station also gave credence to this speculation.
> The helicopter shot seemed to witness an Italian
> doctor in the woods by the road, brandishing a syringe
> for Paolo Salvodelli...who bravely shook his head,
> whispering, 'wait until August,' when the peloton
> returns to Italy.

That's very hard to believe. You have a friend?

In article <uI8li.6611$475.2103@trndny04>,
Brian Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:

> A friend over in France sent me this news dispatch:
>
> The recreational cyclist pace of the third stage of
> the Tour de France led many observers to wonder if
> this meant the cycling junkies are now engaged in
> involuntary withdrawal from their dope. The sight of
> the Astana team bent over the bikes wretching at the
> feed station also gave credence to this speculation.
> The helicopter shot seemed to witness an Italian
> doctor in the woods by the road, brandishing a syringe
> for Paolo Salvodelli...who bravely shook his head,
> whispering, 'wait until August,' when the peloton
> returns to Italy.

It is spelled retching, you wretch.

--
Michael Press

"RicodJour" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Jul 11, 1:47 pm, Brian Lafferty <[email protected]> wrote:
>> A friend over in France sent me this news dispatch:
>>
>> The recreational cyclist pace of the third stage of
>> the Tour de France led many observers to wonder if
>> this meant the cycling junkies are now engaged in
>> involuntary withdrawal from their dope. The sight of
>> the Astana team bent over the bikes wretching at the
>> feed station also gave credence to this speculation.
>> The helicopter shot seemed to witness an Italian
>> doctor in the woods by the road, brandishing a syringe
>> for Paolo Salvodelli...who bravely shook his head,
>> whispering, 'wait until August,' when the peloton
>> returns to Italy.

> That's very hard to believe. You have a friend?

Well, not a "manly" friend you understand.