Report from Michelle

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Michelle Guy, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Michelle Guy

    Michelle Guy Guest

    Well after being on holidays for christmas and new year it has taken me up till now to catch up on
    everybodies news. Congrats to the losers and a big dose of motivation for those struggling along
    after the holidays.

    So how did it go for me, well I spent 2.5 weeks in the snowy alps doing a deep powder course. Oh my
    aching legs arms stomach muscles and every other msucle I own, but it was worth it. Those that want
    to see the pictures can on www.family-guy.netfirms.com. I learnt lots, but importantly I learnt that
    I can apres ski without loads of beer. I had a few beers and really enjoyed them but no excesses.

    The result was up 3kg ( 6.6lbs) iin 2 and a half weeks. Back to WW and for a weigh in it showed a
    gain of just 1.4 kg ( 3lbs) so I guess I did alright at getting back on track. This weeks goal was
    to get back towriting everything down, I have done well with the points with just one day being
    seriously over. The biggest difficulty is getting my appetite back under control. You can eat alot
    whilst skiing because you burn alot of cals, but I certainly got used to the bigger portions.

    I am looking forward to my WI this week, hoping to get back to my pre christmas weight, not sure I
    will though because of my TOM, any loss will be welcomed though

    Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland

    WW WI 69.8 / 64.8 / 61kg 134 lbs

    Tags:

  2. That's not bad, Michelle! Most people gain over the holidays, but once you're back OP it goes fast.
    Wish you luck. Elaine K

    Michelle Guy wrote:

    >Well after being on holidays for christmas and new year it has taken me up till now to catch up on
    >everybodies news. Congrats to the losers and a big dose of motivation for those struggling along
    >after the holidays.
    >
    >So how did it go for me, well I spent 2.5 weeks in the snowy alps doing a deep powder course. Oh my
    >aching legs arms stomach muscles and every other msucle I own, but it was worth it. Those that want
    >to see the pictures can on www.family-guy.netfirms.com. I learnt lots, but importantly I learnt
    >that I can apres ski without loads of beer. I had a few beers and really enjoyed them but no
    >excesses.
    >
    >The result was up 3kg ( 6.6lbs) iin 2 and a half weeks. Back to WW and for a weigh in it showed a
    >gain of just 1.4 kg ( 3lbs) so I guess I did alright at getting back on track. This weeks goal was
    >to get back towriting everything down, I have done well with the points with just one day being
    >seriously over. The biggest difficulty is getting my appetite back under control. You can eat alot
    >whilst skiing because you burn alot of cals, but I certainly got used to the bigger portions.
    >
    >I am looking forward to my WI this week, hoping to get back to my pre christmas weight, not sure I
    >will though because of my TOM, any loss will be welcomed though
    >
    >Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >
    >WW WI 69.8 / 64.8 / 61kg 134 lbs

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Damn, you had great weather! But I must say, the Zermatt shots had too much indoor fun and not
    enough Matterhorn! (G)

    Does anybody telemark or only downhill in your groups?

    Good luck with getting back on program. I understand that lots of activity points allows lots of
    tasty foods and treats and it is hard going back when the activity lessens.

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:56:51 +0100, Michelle Guy <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Well after being on holidays for christmas and new year it has taken me up till now to catch up on
    >everybodies news. Congrats to the losers and a big dose of motivation for those struggling along
    >after the holidays.
    >
    >So how did it go for me, well I spent 2.5 weeks in the snowy alps doing a deep powder course. Oh my
    >aching legs arms stomach muscles and every other msucle I own, but it was worth it. Those that want
    >to see the pictures can on www.family-guy.netfirms.com. I learnt lots, but importantly I learnt
    >that I can apres ski without loads of beer. I had a few beers and really enjoyed them but no
    >excesses.
    >
    >The result was up 3kg ( 6.6lbs) iin 2 and a half weeks. Back to WW and for a weigh in it showed a
    >gain of just 1.4 kg ( 3lbs) so I guess I did alright at getting back on track. This weeks goal was
    >to get back towriting everything down, I have done well with the points with just one day being
    >seriously over. The biggest difficulty is getting my appetite back under control. You can eat alot
    >whilst skiing because you burn alot of cals, but I certainly got used to the bigger portions.
    >
    >I am looking forward to my WI this week, hoping to get back to my pre christmas weight, not sure I
    >will though because of my TOM, any loss will be welcomed though
    >
    >Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >
    >WW WI 69.8 / 64.8 / 61kg 134 lbs

  4. What a wonderful time you must have had. I think the average gain during
    Christmas is seven or eight pounds, and the average during a two week
    vacation is about five so all in all I would say you are definitely ahead.
    I don't share your enthusiasm for beer. It is one of the long list of items
    that I am allergic to, Lee
    Michelle Guy <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well after being on holidays for christmas and new year it has taken me up till now to catch up on
    > everybodies news. Congrats to the losers and a big dose of motivation for those struggling along
    > after the holidays.
    >
    > So how did it go for me, well I spent 2.5 weeks in the snowy alps doing a deep powder course. Oh
    > my aching legs arms stomach muscles and every other msucle I own, but it was worth it. Those that
    > want to see the pictures can on www.family-guy.netfirms.com. I learnt lots, but importantly I
    > learnt that I can apres ski without loads of beer. I had a few beers and really enjoyed them but
    > no excesses.
    >
    > The result was up 3kg ( 6.6lbs) iin 2 and a half weeks. Back to WW and for a weigh in it showed a
    > gain of just 1.4 kg ( 3lbs) so I guess I did alright at getting back on track. This weeks goal was
    > to get back towriting everything down, I have done well with the points with just one day being
    > seriously over. The biggest difficulty is getting my appetite back under control. You can eat alot
    > whilst skiing because you burn alot of cals, but I certainly got used to the bigger portions.
    >
    > I am looking forward to my WI this week, hoping to get back to my pre christmas weight, not sure I
    > will though because of my TOM, any loss will be welcomed though
    >
    > Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >
    > WW WI 69.8 / 64.8 / 61kg 134 lbs

  5. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Hi Michelle, great to see you back, I 've been wondering about you! Good to hear you had a great
    time, and good that you learnt to apres-ski without excesses, that 's a whole accomplishment. By the
    way, love your pictures!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.105/212 lbs "Michelle Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]om...
    > Well after being on holidays for christmas and new year it has taken me up till now to catch up on
    > everybodies news. Congrats to the losers and a big dose of motivation for those struggling along
    > after the holidays.
    >
    > So how did it go for me, well I spent 2.5 weeks in the snowy alps doing a deep powder course. Oh
    > my aching legs arms stomach muscles and every other msucle I own, but it was worth it. Those that
    > want to see the pictures can on www.family-guy.netfirms.com. I learnt lots, but importantly I
    > learnt that I can apres ski without loads of beer. I had a few beers and really enjoyed them but
    > no excesses.
    >
    > The result was up 3kg ( 6.6lbs) iin 2 and a half weeks. Back to WW and for a weigh in it showed a
    > gain of just 1.4 kg ( 3lbs) so I guess I did alright at getting back on track. This weeks goal was
    > to get back towriting everything down, I have done well with the points with just one day being
    > seriously over. The biggest difficulty is getting my appetite back under control. You can eat alot
    > whilst skiing because you burn alot of cals, but I certainly got used to the bigger portions.
    >
    > I am looking forward to my WI this week, hoping to get back to my pre christmas weight, not sure I
    > will though because of my TOM, any loss will be welcomed though
    >
    > Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >
    > WW WI 69.8 / 64.8 / 61kg 134 lbs

  6. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Welcome back, Michelle.. glad you had a great vacation... good luck to you in 2004!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/240.8/172

    "Michelle Guy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well after being on holidays for christmas and new year it has taken me up till now to catch up on
    > everybodies news. Congrats to the losers and a big dose of motivation for those struggling along
    > after the holidays.
    >
    > So how did it go for me, well I spent 2.5 weeks in the snowy alps doing a deep powder course. Oh
    > my aching legs arms stomach muscles and every other msucle I own, but it was worth it. Those that
    > want to see the pictures can on www.family-guy.netfirms.com. I learnt lots, but importantly I
    > learnt that I can apres ski without loads of beer. I had a few beers and really enjoyed them but
    > no excesses.
    >
    > The result was up 3kg ( 6.6lbs) iin 2 and a half weeks. Back to WW and for a weigh in it showed a
    > gain of just 1.4 kg ( 3lbs) so I guess I did alright at getting back on track. This weeks goal was
    > to get back towriting everything down, I have done well with the points with just one day being
    > seriously over. The biggest difficulty is getting my appetite back under control. You can eat alot
    > whilst skiing because you burn alot of cals, but I certainly got used to the bigger portions.
    >
    > I am looking forward to my WI this week, hoping to get back to my pre christmas weight, not sure I
    > will though because of my TOM, any loss will be welcomed though
    >
    > Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >
    > WW WI 69.8 / 64.8 / 61kg 134 lbs

  7. Michelle Guy

    Michelle Guy Guest

    Thanks,

    I am motivated to get on plan and seem to be sticking to it well Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland

    WW WI 69.8 / 64.8 / 61kg 134 lbs

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:07:50 GMT, Elaine Kirkham <[email protected]> wrote:

    >That's not bad, Michelle! Most people gain over the holidays, but once you're back OP it goes fast.
    >Wish you luck. Elaine K
    >
    >Michelle Guy wrote:
    >
    >>Well after being on holidays for christmas and new year it has taken me up till now to catch up on
    >>everybodies news. Congrats to the losers and a big dose of motivation for those struggling along
    >>after the holidays.
    >>
    >>So how did it go for me, well I spent 2.5 weeks in the snowy alps doing a deep powder course. Oh
    >>my aching legs arms stomach muscles and every other msucle I own, but it was worth it. Those that
    >>want to see the pictures can on www.family-guy.netfirms.com. I learnt lots, but importantly I
    >>learnt that I can apres ski without loads of beer. I had a few beers and really enjoyed them but
    >>no excesses.
    >>
    >>The result was up 3kg ( 6.6lbs) iin 2 and a half weeks. Back to WW and for a weigh in it showed a
    >>gain of just 1.4 kg ( 3lbs) so I guess I did alright at getting back on track. This weeks goal was
    >>to get back towriting everything down, I have done well with the points with just one day being
    >>seriously over. The biggest difficulty is getting my appetite back under control. You can eat alot
    >>whilst skiing because you burn alot of cals, but I certainly got used to the bigger portions.
    >>
    >>I am looking forward to my WI this week, hoping to get back to my pre christmas weight, not sure I
    >>will though because of my TOM, any loss will be welcomed though
    >>
    >>Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >>
    >>WW WI 69.8 / 64.8 / 61kg 134 lbs

  8. Michelle Guy

    Michelle Guy Guest

    We are a group of downhillers, I don't think my knees would be upt o telemark it looks very
    strenguous. I am keeping up some activity with doing my exercise bike everyday before work, it also
    helped loads with the aching legs. Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland

    WW WI 69.8 / 64.8 / 61kg 134 lbs

    On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:20:01 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Damn, you had great weather! But I must say, the Zermatt shots had too much indoor fun and not
    >enough Matterhorn! (G)
    >
    >Does anybody telemark or only downhill in your groups?
    >
    >Good luck with getting back on program. I understand that lots of activity points allows lots of
    >tasty foods and treats and it is hard going back when the activity lessens.
    >
    >On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:56:51 +0100, Michelle Guy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Well after being on holidays for christmas and new year it has taken me up till now to catch up on
    >>everybodies news. Congrats to the losers and a big dose of motivation for those struggling along
    >>after the holidays.
    >>
    >>So how did it go for me, well I spent 2.5 weeks in the snowy alps doing a deep powder course. Oh
    >>my aching legs arms stomach muscles and every other msucle I own, but it was worth it. Those that
    >>want to see the pictures can on www.family-guy.netfirms.com. I learnt lots, but importantly I
    >>learnt that I can apres ski without loads of beer. I had a few beers and really enjoyed them but
    >>no excesses.
    >>
    >>The result was up 3kg ( 6.6lbs) iin 2 and a half weeks. Back to WW and for a weigh in it showed a
    >>gain of just 1.4 kg ( 3lbs) so I guess I did alright at getting back on track. This weeks goal was
    >>to get back towriting everything down, I have done well with the points with just one day being
    >>seriously over. The biggest difficulty is getting my appetite back under control. You can eat alot
    >>whilst skiing because you burn alot of cals, but I certainly got used to the bigger portions.
    >>
    >>I am looking forward to my WI this week, hoping to get back to my pre christmas weight, not sure I
    >>will though because of my TOM, any loss will be welcomed though
    >>
    >>Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland
    >>
    >>WW WI 69.8 / 64.8 / 61kg 134 lbs

  9. Michelle Guy

    Michelle Guy Guest

    We did have a wonderful time, the 6lbs gain was not too bad and the good news it was only a 3 lbs
    gain by the Wednesday when I had my WI so I am pleased. Loads of new snow in the alps can't wait for
    the weekend :) Michelle Ozzie in Switzerland

    WW WI 69.8 / 64.8 / 61kg 134 lbs