Repost: Bike for SWMBO

Adam-the-Kiwi

Guest
Hi again,

Apologies for the repost; although I can see my old message and two
replies to it, google keeps telling me it can't find the message id...

In summary - partner has tried (just short test rides for fit) two
bikes: Specialized FSR and Cannondale Jekyll Feminine - she loves the
Cannondale. I've read enough to have a good idea what the groups
feelings about crack-and-fail bikes are - my question was: will it be
OK for a light rider (who doesn't abuse bikes) or should I encourage
her to try something else? One of the Marin quads (probably Rift Zone)
is next on the list, when I can find one to test ride...

Monique and Shaun - thanks for the replies - don't seem to be able to
reply to you within that thread...

Monique - yes, will be trying to find one to hire, but it looks
unlikely.

Shaun - SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed, and thanks anyway!

Cheers - Adam...

Adam-the-Kiwi wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Apologies for the repost; although I can see my old message and two
> replies to it, google keeps telling me it can't find the message id...
>
> In summary - partner has tried (just short test rides for fit) two
> bikes: Specialized FSR and Cannondale Jekyll Feminine - she loves the
> Cannondale. I've read enough to have a good idea what the groups
> feelings about crack-and-fail bikes are - my question was: will it be
> OK for a light rider (who doesn't abuse bikes) or should I encourage
> her to try something else? One of the Marin quads (probably Rift Zone)
> is next on the list, when I can find one to test ride...

Cannondale = proprietary parts and tools,

penny

"Adam-the-Kiwi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi again,
>
> Apologies for the repost; although I can see my old message and two
> replies to it, google keeps telling me it can't find the message id...
>
> In summary - partner has tried (just short test rides for fit) two
> bikes: Specialized FSR and Cannondale Jekyll Feminine - she loves the
> Cannondale. I've read enough to have a good idea what the groups
> feelings about crack-and-fail bikes are - my question was: will it be
> OK for a light rider (who doesn't abuse bikes) or should I encourage
> her to try something else? One of the Marin quads (probably Rift Zone)
> is next on the list, when I can find one to test ride...
>
> Monique and Shaun - thanks for the replies - don't seem to be able to
> reply to you within that thread...
>
> Monique - yes, will be trying to find one to hire, but it looks
> unlikely.
>
> Shaun - SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed, and thanks anyway!
>
> Cheers - Adam...

Right first off I am not fond of Cannondales, I think that the headshock
system is way outdated and the lefty way too complicated. However some
people get on with them and those that do seem to love 'em. In particular
there are some folk over at the 'singletrackworld' forum who have very happy
partners thanks to the Cannondale Jekyll Feminine you mention. You can
ask there for further advice..

Steve.

"spademan o---[) *"
<[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> "Adam-the-Kiwi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi again,
> >
> > Apologies for the repost; although I can see my old message and two
> > replies to it, google keeps telling me it can't find the message id...
> >
> > In summary - partner has tried (just short test rides for fit) two
> > bikes: Specialized FSR and Cannondale Jekyll Feminine - she loves the
> > Cannondale. I've read enough to have a good idea what the groups
> > feelings about crack-and-fail bikes are - my question was: will it be
> > OK for a light rider (who doesn't abuse bikes) or should I encourage
> > her to try something else? One of the Marin quads (probably Rift Zone)
> > is next on the list, when I can find one to test ride...
> >
> > Monique and Shaun - thanks for the replies - don't seem to be able to
> > reply to you within that thread...
> >
> > Monique - yes, will be trying to find one to hire, but it looks
> > unlikely.
> >
> > Shaun - SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed, and thanks anyway!

Oh, I knew that Adam ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

spademan o---[) * wrote:
> "Adam-the-Kiwi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

-8<- snip

> Right first off I am not fond of Cannondales, I think that the headshock
> system is way outdated and the lefty way too complicated.

This one comes with a Manitou Splice (think that's a rebadged Black with
a new crown) - it's got softer springs, though.

> However some
> people get on with them and those that do seem to love 'em. In particular
> there are some folk over at the 'singletrackworld' forum who have very happy
> partners thanks to the Cannondale Jekyll Feminine you mention. You can
> ask there for further advice..

Ta! There does seem to be a reasonable consensus, although I couldn't
find anything from anyone who'd actually ridden one and one complaint
about cable routing giving ghost shifting.

Cheers - Adam...