Repost: Dinner last night, brunch fixin's later :)

jmcquown

Guest
Started with a very simple, non embelleished veggie stir fry. Diced
zucchini, sliced garlic, bean sprouts, drained canned sliced water chestnuts
and chopped broccoli. Herbs: fresh tarragon, a little basil, sprinkling of
crushed red pepper flakes.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/74365720/377373850mNXROG

It smelled wonderful, but needed to be turned into something else. I
deglazed the pan with some dry sherry and pondered my options. Then I added
2 cups chicken broth and 1/2 a package of soba noodles. Then I added a
little 5 spice powder. Simmer, simmer. Smells fantastic but it's still too
much white and green! It needs something but have no red vegetables! No
red bell peppers; no carrots. No BEETS! LOL But hmmm, I have crawfish
tail meat. Oh yes, let me add some of that to the simmering pot.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/377373904/377373904jFnziM

Okay, it's simmering. But I still have all this frozen crawfish tail
meat... back in the freezer? Or hmmm. There's a rack that fits inside this
skillet. I could steam the remaining frozen crawfish over the simmering
concoction as it reduced. So that's what I did.

I plated it up with some of the crawfish with melted butter which I spiced
up with Penzey's ground Ancho chili, Mexican oregano and a bit more garlic.
This is not what I would term overly spicy, but you know who you are! Avoid
this if you don't like a bit of heat with the taste... or adapt the "recipe"
without the use of much spice.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/377374006/377374006TOTlMZ

Now I'm thinking about brunch with a carry-over to dinner... maybe a four
egg omelet filled with the remaining spiced crawfish (there's still tons
left, steamed but unseasoned, just chilling); sauteed vegetables and bits of
Oaxaca cheese. Or something along those lines :)

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:03:32 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> http://community.webshots.com

Are you using the free version of this or pay? I'm an idiot when it
comes to figuring out how to use the web space comcast provides, so
I'm looking for another way to put pictures online.

:)

sf wrote on 24 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:03:32 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
> > http://community.webshots.com

> Are you using the free version of this or pay? I'm an idiot when it
> comes to figuring out how to use the web space comcast provides, so
> I'm looking for another way to put pictures online.
>
> :)

Your ISP usually provides some web space if you're DSL or
Broad Band...usually enough for a few pictures...But you need FTP
software to upload your files and you need your password and server
address.

FileZilla is freeware FTP software and does the work fine.

After that it is simple...Has to be or I couldn't do it.
I put some recipes up on my page.

In Word create a page with text and your picture(s). save it as a Html
file and then upload it. Repeat as necessary. There are other ways, but
I find this one the easiest. Forget using frontpage.

That's the easiest way

--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!

A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:03:32 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> http://community.webshots.com

> Are you using the free version of this or pay? I'm an idiot when it
> comes to figuring out how to use the web space comcast provides, so
> I'm looking for another way to put pictures online.
>
> :)

With the free Webshots version you're allowed X amount of pics and albums
before they want you to pay for an upgrade. I went ahead and registered for
2 years for about $35 (please don't tell me there will be a test on this
later!)

I definitely like Webshots better than Yahoo and other photo posting sites
I've seen; seems easier to use and to view as a non-member, too. I haven't
even thought about using my ISP because I'm not up for creating my own web
site regardless of what helpful software they might have; just posting
photos should anyone care to look :)

Jill