Req: Info on the Toronto Don Valley trail.

R.C.

Guest
Hello all,

I hope some one can help me in finding the entrance to this trail in the Don Valley. I've been to
a lot of web site regarding this off road bike trails in Toronto but after reading the riders
description on how to get there. I have been unsuccessful from their instruction.

All I know is that the entrance is somewhere at the corner of Pottery Rd & Bayview Ave. So I'm
riding south on Pottery Rd. from Broadview Ave. and I reach that "safety crossing barrier/island"
in the middle of the road on Pottery Rd. just before the bridge and railway tracks. Now that I'm
standing in the middle of that "safety crossing barrier/island" and I'm facing the bridge and
railway tracks where do I go from there?

Hope someone can help and thanks in advance to all responses.

R.C.

"R.C." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello all,
>
> I hope some one can help me in finding the entrance to this trail in the Don Valley. I've been
> to a lot of web site regarding this off road bike trails in Toronto but after reading the riders
> description on how to get there. I have been unsuccessful from their instruction.
>
> All I know is that the entrance is somewhere at the corner of Pottery Rd
&
> Bayview Ave. So I'm riding south on Pottery Rd. from Broadview Ave. and I reach that "safety
> crossing barrier/island" in the middle of the road on Pottery Rd. just before the bridge and
> railway tracks. Now that I'm
standing
> in the middle of that "safety crossing barrier/island" and I'm facing the bridge and railway
> tracks where do I go from there?
>
> Hope someone can help and thanks in advance to all responses.

Go to the railroad tracks, you'll see a little creek, cross over the creek and you'll see 2 uphill
trails. Take either climb, they both lead into the Don. The beginning section is mostly off-camber
and eroded, ride through it, keep on going following the trail, do the out and back, watch out for
on-coming riders because its a 2 way trail. If you go early in the morning, the place is pretty much
yours to explore. Rinse, repeat and enjoy yourself.

- CA-G my ex-home trail...

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!