REQ: Settings for Cateye Mitty 2 needed

Fc

Guest
Here's hoping!

The battery has died on my Mitty2 and I cannot find my instructions for the calibration of wheel
size. Please can someone let me know the setting for a 26" wheel?

Many many thanks in advance!

FC

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:46:25 GMT, FC <[email protected]> scribbled:

>Here's hoping!
>
>The battery has died on my Mitty2 and I cannot find my instructions for the calibration of wheel
>size. Please can someone let me know the setting for a 26" wheel?
>
>Many many thanks in advance!
>
>FC

Here's a link to the CatEye Mitty 2 computer manual: http://206.168.112.121/Manuals/tech_mity2.htm

And here's a link to the calibration chart: http://206.168.112.121/Manuals/tech_calibrate.htm

Hope that helps!

-Slash
--
"Ebert Victorious"

- The Onion

FC <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Here's hoping!
>
> The battery has died on my Mitty2 and I cannot find my instructions for the calibration of wheel
> size. Please can someone let me know the setting for a 26" wheel?
>
> Many many thanks in advance!

Throw it away, it's nothing more than needless techno junk.

JD

On 26 Apr 2003 06:57:21 -0700, [email protected] (JD) blathered:

>> The battery has died on my Mitty2 and I cannot find my instructions for the calibration of wheel
>> size. Please can someone let me know the setting for a 26" wheel?
>
>Throw it away, it's nothing more than needless techno junk.

While I agree with JD.....there is no one setting for a 26" wheel. It depends on the tyre. To get
the exact figure for your wheel, position the front wheel such that the valve is at the bottom of
the wheel. Push the bike forward in a straight line until the valve has revolved back round to the
bottom of the wheel. Measure the distance the wheel moved in millimetres: that's the number you need
(probably c.2000-2080 for a 'normal' offroad tyre).

Feeling helpful today.

Pete
----
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/

Cheers for all your help on this, the setting has now been done! As for it being techno junk, hey
atleast its a working piece of techno junk and not just a dead bit of plastic on the handlebar :)

Thanks all once again

FC <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> As for it being techno junk, hey atleast its a working piece of techno junk > and not just a dead
> bit of plastic on the handlebar

That's debatable.

JD junk is junk is junk