Request Cycling DVDs from Netflix!

donrhummy

Jan 5, 2006
On another forum we started a "campaign" to request cycling DVDs from Netflix and it actually worked! Just a few weeks after everyone made requests, they added the 2006 Giro, the 2006 Tour de France, The Flying Scotsman and a 14-dvd set of the TDF from 1999-2005. So, hopefully if everyone here makes requests, we can get some more good ones added.

Everyone who puts in a request for one or more of the DVDs I list below, can list one they want here and I'll put in a request for that too. Hopefully, with each of us requesting each other's DVDs we'll get some more added.

Some DVDs I'm requesting:

1990 Tour De France Greg Lemond DVD
1993 World Championships Lance Armstrong DVD
1998 Giro d'Italia Cycling DVD
2003 Giro D'talia Cycling DVD
2006 Vuelta a España - Turning the Tables - Extended Version
2004 Paris Roubaix Cycling Racing DVD
Legends of the Tour De France Eddy Merckx DVD

Here's how to make a request:

1. Go to the "Help" link in the upper right corner. (Click on it)
2. Type the word "request" (without the quotes) in the search box
3. Click "see answer" for the second question which is "Q: I'm looking for a certain DVD and Netflix doesn't appear to have it."
4. Click "here" in the answer text
5. Type in your requests

Awesome! I've rented cycling dvds from Netflix but was disappointed in there limited selection! Can't wait to rent those news one out! Now I'm gonna upgrade my membership to unlimited rentals!

I'm amazed "The Flying Scotsman" is already on DVD! It was in movie theaters maybe just 4 months ago?

I just took a look right now at Netflix for cycling and they don't have any of the stuff you listed as being added! I'm majorly dissapointed. We should make a request to have it listed as a category also!

JTE83 said:
I just took a look right now at Netflix for cycling and they don't have any of the stuff you listed as being added! I'm majorly dissapointed. We should make a request to have it listed as a category also!
They do have them. You just have to type the titles in to the search box. They're not properly listed under the cycling category but they ARE available.

(For example, in the netflix searchbox, type "Giro d'Italia" -- without the quotes -- and it'll show the dvd)