Request for info

S

Spencer Bullen

Greetings,

anybody know the name of the helmet with the built in rear view? Website address and any experience
of the product would be welcomed.

T.T.F.N.

SPENNY

> anybody know the name of the helmet with the built in rear view? Website address and any
> experience of the product would be welcomed.

Have no experience of them but asked for peoples experiences of them a while back[1]. Consensus was:
the mirror worked okay but you still needed a quick check over the shoulder just in case (obvious I
know but everyone said it). The visor could obstruct your vision if you had drop bars. IIRC no one
was dissatisfied with 'em (apart from the price).

[1] Thread was called 'Wireless cycle computers and rear view mirror helmet?!?'

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.601 / Virus Database: 382 - Release Date: 29/02/2004

In message <[email protected]>, Mark Thompson
<[email protected]> writes
>> anybody know the name of the helmet with the built in rear view? Website address and any
>> experience of the product would be welcomed.
>
>Have no experience of them but asked for peoples experiences of them a while back[1]. Consensus
>was: the mirror worked okay but you still needed a quick check over the shoulder just in case
>(obvious I know but everyone said
>it). The visor could obstruct your vision if you had drop bars. IIRC no one was dissatisfied with
> 'em (apart from the price).
>
Actually I remember there was a review in a mag (CTC? Velovision, in the last month or two) the
reviewer wasn't that impressed, thought you'd need a fairly upright position or the mirror bit
impeded your view, and they found it a bit heavier.
>
>

--
Chris French, Leeds

"tony R" <[email protected]>typed

> "Spencer Bullen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3Z41c.7597$bQ2.2101@news-
> binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
> > Greetings,
> >
> > anybody know the name of the helmet with the built in rear view? Website address and any
> > experience of the product would be welcomed.
> >
> > T.T.F.N.
> >
> > SPENNY
> >
> The brand is Reevu and Gearshift have them at
> http://www.gearshift.co.uk/acatalog/Helmets.html#aOFFERWHER I have no experience of the helmets
> but I can say Gearshift are a friendly lot.

> tony R.

I tried a Reevu helmet at Cyclex last(?) year. I found it rather heavy and had to shift my gaze a
long way from 'the road ahead', which I might not have found easy whilst cycling.

I suggest you try before you buy.

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected] Edgware.