Request for info

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Spencer Bullen, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Greetings,

    anybody know the name of the helmet with the built in rear view? Website address and any experience
    of the product would be welcomed.

    T.T.F.N.

    SPENNY

    Tags:

  2. chris French

    chris French Guest

  3. tony R

    tony R Guest

  4. > anybody know the name of the helmet with the built in rear view? Website address and any
    > experience of the product would be welcomed.

    Have no experience of them but asked for peoples experiences of them a while back[1]. Consensus was:
    the mirror worked okay but you still needed a quick check over the shoulder just in case (obvious I
    know but everyone said it). The visor could obstruct your vision if you had drop bars. IIRC no one
    was dissatisfied with 'em (apart from the price).

    [1] Thread was called 'Wireless cycle computers and rear view mirror helmet?!?'

    ---

  5. chris French

    chris French Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, Mark Thompson
    <[email protected]> writes
    >> anybody know the name of the helmet with the built in rear view? Website address and any
    >> experience of the product would be welcomed.
    >
    >Have no experience of them but asked for peoples experiences of them a while back[1]. Consensus
    >was: the mirror worked okay but you still needed a quick check over the shoulder just in case
    >(obvious I know but everyone said
    >it). The visor could obstruct your vision if you had drop bars. IIRC no one was dissatisfied with
    > 'em (apart from the price).

    Actually I remember there was a review in a mag (CTC? Velovision, in the last month or two) the
    reviewer wasn't that impressed, thought you'd need a fairly upright position or the mirror bit
    impeded your view, and they found it a bit heavier.

    --
    Chris French, Leeds

  6. "tony R" <[email protected]>typed

    > "Spencer Bullen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
    > > Greetings,
    > >
    > > anybody know the name of the helmet with the built in rear view? Website address and any
    > > experience of the product would be welcomed.
    > >
    > > T.T.F.N.
    > >
    > > SPENNY
    > >
    > The brand is Reevu and Gearshift have them at
    > http://www.gearshift.co.uk/acatalog/Helmets.html#aOFFERWHER I have no experience of the helmets
    > but I can say Gearshift are a friendly lot.

    > tony R.

    I tried a Reevu helmet at Cyclex last(?) year. I found it rather heavy and had to shift my gaze a
    long way from 'the road ahead', which I might not have found easy whilst cycling.

    I suggest you try before you buy.