[request] Recipe for TJ's muffins

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Stan Horwitz, Mar 2, 2006.

  1. Stan Horwitz

    Stan Horwitz Guest

    Trader Joe's sells apple cranberry oatmeal muffins that taste great and
    they're fairly low in calories and carbs. The problem is, those muffins
    are expensive. I would like to make some muffins like the ones TJ's
    sells, but a Google search didn't point me toward any recipes that
    looking interesting.

    If anyone has a recipe for oatmeal muffins like the ones Trader Joe's
    sells, please post it.

    Tags:

  2. maxine in ri

    maxine in ri Guest

    Stan Horwitz wrote:
    > Trader Joe's sells apple cranberry oatmeal muffins that taste great and
    > they're fairly low in calories and carbs. The problem is, those muffins
    > are expensive. I would like to make some muffins like the ones TJ's
    > sells, but a Google search didn't point me toward any recipes that
    > looking interesting.
    >
    > If anyone has a recipe for oatmeal muffins like the ones Trader Joe's
    > sells, please post it.

    Did you try entering the ingredient list into the search engine? Low
    carb tells me they're using soy flour. Low calorie they're probably
    substituting a puree of fruit for the oil (there are also lo-cal
    "oils"). Am I close?

    maxine in ri

  3. Stan Horwitz

    Stan Horwitz Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "maxine in ri" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Stan Horwitz wrote:
    > > Trader Joe's sells apple cranberry oatmeal muffins that taste great and
    > > they're fairly low in calories and carbs. The problem is, those muffins
    > > are expensive. I would like to make some muffins like the ones TJ's
    > > sells, but a Google search didn't point me toward any recipes that
    > > looking interesting.
    > >
    > > If anyone has a recipe for oatmeal muffins like the ones Trader Joe's
    > > sells, please post it.

    > Did you try entering the ingredient list into the search engine? Low
    > carb tells me they're using soy flour. Low calorie they're probably
    > substituting a puree of fruit for the oil (there are also lo-cal
    > "oils"). Am I close?
    >
    > maxine in ri

    I don't know, but your idea is very good. Thanks. The texture does
    suggest those muffins have some sort of fruit puree. Unfortunately, I
    had to tear off the ingredients list to open the package. I will try
    your suggestion after I buy another pack.