REQUESTS from Friday, February 20, 2004

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Patricia D . Hi, Feb 22, 2004.

1. old fashioned current square Pancakes Using Lobster Pumpkin side dishes Barbagiuan Pita bread

~~~~~~~~~

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:55:21 -0800 From: Susan Jamieson-McLarnon <[email protected]>
    Subject: current square

Does anyone have a recipe for an old fashioned current square? They used to be available at a
    wonderful old butcher shop -- James Inglis Reid ," we hae meat that ye can eat" -- in Vancouver.
    There was a pastry/cookie-type crust top and bottom and a very dense current filling. Lots of sugar
    was sprinkled on the top. Reid's is long gone but the memory of those current squares remains.
    Thanks, S.
    --
    Susan Jamieson-McLarnon Director, Public Relations Simon Fraser University at Harbour Centre 515
    West Hastings Street Vancouver, B.C. Canada V6B 5K3
    (604)291-5151

~~~~~~~~~

From: [email protected] (Michelle) Subject: recipes Pancakes Date: 20 Feb 2004
    07:18:56 -0800

hi

does anybody no the recipes on how to make pancakes

thanks for your help michelle

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Peggy Dupont" <[email protected]> Subject: Looking for lobster recipes Date: Thu, 19 Feb
    2004 10:12:05 -0500

I am looking for any many recipes that I can find where lobster is an ingred. Thank you

~~~~~~~~~

From: [email protected] (trudiefrur) Subject: Pumpkin side dishes ? Date: 19 Feb 2004
    13:27:42 -0800

Any clever ways of serving canned pumpkin? It is such a nutrient dense low calorie veg and I like to
    eat it several times per week. I just looked it up on the USDA website and it contains all the amino
    acids plus so many vitamins, good fiber (2.7 Gm per 1/2 cup) for very few calories. Tonight I served
    it with salt, pepper, equal sweetner and cut up raw apple for texture. I've mixed it with a baked
    sweet potato and also with carrots and also frozen squash. The flavor is rather bland so I'm looking
    for tasty ideas.

~~~~~~~~~

From: "L" <[email protected]> Subject: Barbagiuan Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004
    09:51:44 -0000

Hi,

On a recent trip to monaco I was able to sample one of their delicassies - Barbagiuan.

It is a fried pastry filled with delicious fillings of spinach and other things.

Does anyone have a recipe for this please?

Thanks! L

~~~~~~~~~

From: "John Gilmer" <[email protected]> Subject: Pita bread: how to using dough setting on bread
    machine Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 06:36:49 -0500

Hi:

The title says it all.

I want to make some Pita bread. I don't have a heavy duty mixer (the mixer I have will overload on
    dough) but my cheap bread machine will mix without cooking. SO: what do I mix for pita bread and how
    do I cook it?

Thanks, jlg

~~~~~~~~~

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for recipes are accepted for
    posting. Please allow two to five days for your submission to appear.

Requests Moderator Betty E. Kohler Lead Moderator Patricia Hill Recipes, requests, questions and
    comments: [email protected]

Tags: