General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

REQUESTS from Monday, December 8, 2003

Started by Patricia D . Hi · · Last activity · 1 post · 488 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 January 2004
Last activity
12 January 2004
Original author
Patricia D . Hi
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
488
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Caramel Syrup for drinks Ham & Mushroom Tagliatelle Carpirotada Monster Cookies Popeyes Cajun Gravy
    Chewy, Fudgy Triple Chocolate Brownies Cosmopolitan green bean casserole simplest way to cook steak
    Skaarup fudge Millionaire Fudge

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 07:55:50 -0800 (PST) From: Kristin Knaus Satterlee <[email hidden]> Subject:
    REQUEST -- Caramel Syrup for drinks

    In Portland recently, I had a steamed milk with homemade caramel syrup, and it was fantastic. But I
    have only been able to find recipes for caramel sauces appropriate as ice-cream toppings and the
    like. Does anyone have a recipe for caramel syrup as a flavoring for hot drinks?

    Thanks, Kristin

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: [email hidden] (Chris) Subject: Ham & Mushroom Tagliatelle? Date: 7 Dec 2003
    11:00:22 -0800

    Hi,

    Does anyone have a good recipe (pref healthy) for Ham & Mushroom Tagliatelle? It might be hard to
    believe but I've had a supermarket ready made version of the above and it was lovely - so i'd like
    to make myself!

    Thanks in advance,

    Chris

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "~LadyBug~" <[email hidden]> Subject: Requesting recipe... Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003
    20:22:03 -0600

    Hello... I am seeking a recipe for the Bread pudding that the Hispanics make...Carpirotada? Not sure
    if this is the correct way to spell it but I think it is... I would appreciated any and all
    variations... and especially any super easy ones... Thanks in advance.... Gwen

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: David Pierce <[email hidden]> Subject: Monster Cookies Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003
    03:07:09 GMT

    Does anyone have a recipe for what were called 'Monster Cookies"? I think the name came from the
    enormous quantity of cookies made by the original recipe, The cookies had oatmeal, raisins, peanut
    butter, and chocolate chips in them. The "monster" could just as well have referred to the size of
    the person who ate very many of them on a regular basis(and they were very good !!!)

    thanks

    David Pierce

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: [email hidden] Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:45:32 EST Subject: Popeyes Cajun Gravy

    Does anyone have a recipe for this gravy?

    Thanks Bill

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Smith Trim, Inc." <[email hidden]> Subject: Chewy, Fudgy Triple Chocolate Brownies
    Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:35:46 -0800

    Does anyone have the recipe for Chewy, Fudgy Triple Chocolate Brownies that was in the May/June 2000
    Cooks Illustrated (America's Test Kitchen) magazine? I have a new subscription to the "magazine" and
    one of their articles references this as being one of their favorite brownie recipes. In the
    alternative, any really good, fudgy brownie recipe would be appreciated.

    Many thanks for checking.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Sharon Schaffer" <[email hidden]> Subject: Cosmopolitan Recipe Date: Mon, 08 Dec
    2003 15:29:40 -0600

    Does anyone have a recipe for martini-type drink - Cosmopolitan. There was a restaurant in town,
    Charlies Seafood, which made a wonderful cosmopolitan, but they closed their doors before I was able
    to get the ingredients.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Gwen Vasseur" <[email hidden]> Subject: green bean casserole Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003
    21:19:40 -0500

    I'm looking for a recipe for green bean casserole. I think it is made = with mushroom soup and
    topped with onion rings. Gwen Vasseur [email hidden]

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: Ablang <[email hidden]> Subject: simplest way to cook steak? Date: Tue, 9
    Dec 2003 05:18:40 +0000 (UTC)

    What is the simplest way to cook steak, using the least amount of ingredients possible?

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: [email hidden] (Sonya Merriman) Subject: Skaarup fudge recipe Date: 8 Dec 2003
    21:44:40 -0800

    I used the recipe for fudge that I found on the Skaarup fudge site a couple of years ago. I tried to
    go the website today, but it appears that it is no longer in existence. Does anyone have any of the
    recipes from the Skaarup site?

    Sonya Merriman

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Subject: WTD: Millionaire Fudge Recipe From: Billi <[email hidden]>

    My mother used a recipe for fudge that was labled (in her handwriting) "Millionaire Fudge." I also
    used this recipe for years until it was lost in a recent move.

    The ingredients were fairly typical, except that it called for Hershey's chocolate bars with almonds
    in addition to chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, sugar, butter, vanilla, salt and evaporated milk.

    As I recall, the evaporated milk (1 can), sugar (maybe 4 cups?) and butter (1/4 lb?) were cooked
    together and boiled for 5 minutes. That hot mixture was then poured into another pan with the
    marshmallow creme, Hershey bars, chocolate chips, etc. and beaten until mixed. The recipe made 5
    pound of candy.

    I've found similar recipes on the 'net, but none exactly the same and I'd really love to have that
    recipe again!

    Thank you in advance for any help, Billi

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for recipes are accepted for
    posting. Please allow two to five days for your submission to appear.

    Requests Moderator Betty E. Kohler Lead Moderator Patricia Hill Recipes, requests, questions and
    comments: [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.