REQUESTS from Monday, February 9, 2004

P

Patricia D . Hi

Dulce De Leche. good spinach dip Red Lobster's Fish and Chips turkey corn bread dressing Rice and
Groats Cucumber salad San Choy Bow strange Thai snack or dessert Vietnamese water beetles

~~~~~~~~~

From: Face <[email protected]> Subject: Dulce De Leche...PREPARATION METHODS Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:00:40 +0000 (UTC)

Hi. I want to make fresh Dulce De Leche (caramel). Is it true that I can just buy a can of
evaporated milk and boil it for 12 hours? Are there any other methods?

~~~~~~~~~

From: [email protected] (Ross Hockenberry) Subject: looking for good spinach dip Date: Mon,
09 Feb 2004 01:11:55 GMT

Subject says it all - looking for good spinach dip

~~~~~~~~~

From: [email protected] (DianaMT) Subject: Red Lobster's Fish and Chips Date: 8 Feb 2004
22:12:51 -0800

I am addicted to Red Lobster's fish and chips. Does anyone have a recipe that would
duplicate theirs?

TIA DianaMT

~~~~~~~~~

From: Grey <[email protected]> Subject: turkey corn bread dressing Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004
01:05:09 -0600

There is a diner in south texas that makes one of the best turkey and dressing platters ever the
dressing is a corn bread stuffing and appears to have celery in it and is sort of sweet to the
taste. they guard the recipe but i am hoping someone will be able to help me

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Andy & Shell" <[email protected]> Subject: Rice and Groats Request Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004
21:40:51 -0000

I have just returned from the whole foods shop with packages of jasmine rice, red camargue rice and
oat groats and don't have any recipes. Would be very grateful if anyone could help, especially with
the groats. Shell.

~~~~~~~~~

From: [email protected] (Erica) Subject: [REQ] Cucumber salad Date: 9 Feb 2004 18:32:32 -0800

I am looking for a tried-and-true recipe for cucumber salad. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Emma Bruty" <[email protected]> Subject: Request for San Choy Bow recipe Date: Sun, 8
Feb 2004 23:54:12 +1100

Hello -

I've been looking EVERYWHERE trying to find a recipe for the abovementioned dish. My friend had it
at a restaurant once and it was DELICIOUS, but I'm finding it hard to track down a way to make it
myself. I gather you can make it using different meats - I'd love one using beef mince.

Hope you can help - thank you! Emma.

~~~~~~~~~

From: [email protected] (Ganda) Subject: strange Thai snack or dessert Date: 9 Feb 2004
05:52:05 -0800

I had this fantastic Thai cake/dessert/snack ( I'm not too sure what is was) which seemed to be
steamed or cooked, white/transparent, sweet and with a filling with peanuts and spices.Little balls
just a mouthful. It was served with fresh coriander and chillies - and was really really strange but
very very nice. Does anybody know what this is - and does anyone have e recipe ?

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Brendan O'Naughton" <[email protected]> Subject: Vietnamese water beetles Date: Sat, 7
Feb 2004 18:54:07 -0600

Okay, so I was at our neighborhood Asian grocery with my kids today and a peek through the
refrigerated section yielded, among other exotic items, little packages of vietnamese water beetles.
Actually, they weren't all _that_ little.. about two to three inches long. At any rate, my seven
year old son said hey dad, can we get some of those? I wonder what they taste like! Before I was
able to say, "yuck!" it occurred to me that I should be thankful I've got kids who are willing to
try new things like that.. how many other parents have kids who want to try eating bugs for dinner?
Anyway, the problem is that I haven't got the slightest idea how one cooks (or eats) a Vietnamese
water bug. Can anyone help me out?

~~~~~~~~~

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for recipes are accepted for
posting. Please allow two to five days for your submission to appear.

Requests Moderator Betty E. Kohler Lead Moderator Patricia Hill Recipes, requests, questions and
comments: [email protected]