REQUESTS from Monday, November 21, 2005

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Patricia D. Hill, Nov 22, 2005.

  1. Deep Fried Onion Pedals
    Homemade biscuits
    Prune filling for paczki
    Angel Food Cake w/ Whipped Chocolate Frosting
    broccoli rice casseroles and squash casseroles

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:25:24 -0500
    Subject: Deep Fried Onion Pedals
    From: [email protected]

    Hi everyone,

    First of all, I love all the recipes on this list...and have received a
    few
    from requests I've posted and have also sent some out myself...

    About a year ago or so, someone posted a recipe for Deep Fried Onion
    Pedals...I had it on my computer, but when our computer that recipe went
    with it...Also, I'm still interested in Coconut Chicken Recipes and
    Chicken
    Scampi. (both boneless chicken please).

    Thanks a bunch and have a great Thanksgiving

    Hugz
    Mair

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: Scott <[email protected]>
    Subject: Homemade biscuits
    Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:28:41 -0500

    Hi,

    I am a father of 3 boys. I consider myself a good cook. I'm always
    making great dishes, homemade dishes. I have searched and searched and
    have tried every recipe that I can think of for homemade biscuits. The
    recipe for biscuits that i am used to eating and love is as follows:

    Flour
    Buttermilk
    Lard

    Simple huh, It seems that everyone can make them but me. Everyone I
    ask says I don't know what to tell you. I don't measure anything. I
    have went by the recipe on the back of flour as well.
    I usually end up with about 18-20 biscuits. The mixture sticks to my
    hands like crazy. I can never get them to look nor taste the way they
    should. Sometimes they turn out great.....soft and fluffy, and other
    times they are dry and reall stiff like on the inside.

    Someone please help me. I want to be able to make biscuits so bad.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:36:48 -0800 (PST)
    From: Philomena Ruutel <[email protected]>
    Subject: Prune filling

    I am searching for the paczki recipe for a friend of mine. I found the
    recipe for the donut, but it refers to prune filling. That is what she is
    looking for. But, how do you make the prune filling?

    Thank you

    Philomena

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Glen" <[email protected]>
    Subject: REQ: Angel Food Cake w/ Whipped Chocolate Frosting
    Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 02:36:12 GMT

    Growing up in southern California I remember a cake that was sold
    at Von's Market, it was an angel food cake covered with a delicious
    light chocolate frosting. The frosting may have been whipped but I
    don't know for sure.

    If someone remembers this cake and has a recipe, especially for the
    frosting, please respond.

    Thanks!

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "beth" <[email protected]>
    Subject: REQUESTS broccoli rice casseroles and squash casseroles
    Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:48:41 -0600

    broccoli rice casseroles and squash casseroles

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
    recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
    submission to appear.

    Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
    Recipes, requests, questions and comments: [email protected]