General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

REQUESTS from Saturday, July 3, 2004

Started by Patricia D . Hi · · Last activity · 1 post · 897 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
5 July 2004
Last activity
5 July 2004
Original author
Patricia D . Hi
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
897
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Krispy Kreme Curing your own Canadian Bacon canning cherries
    How do I cook cripsy duck Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake
    Monkey Bread Potato Salad with Mayonnaise and Bacon Polish
    Easter braided bread Mudslide Cake Nectarine Bars

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "MOM PEAGRAM" <[email hidden]> Subject: Krispy
    Kreme Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 09:41:53 -0400

    Looking for a Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut clone

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: Edward <[email hidden]> Subject: Curing your
    own Canadian Bacon??? Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 13:53:33 GMT

    Anyone have a recipe on how to make Canadian Bacon?

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 14:59:35 +0000 (GMT) From: Ninip
    <[email hidden]> Subject: canning cherries

    Hi I need to know has anyone canned cherries by a recipe and
    the syrup amount that you made was enough for the jars that
    the recipe called for. If so can I please have that recipe.
    Thanks in advance

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: Nigel <[email hidden]> Subject: How do I cook
    cripsy duck ? Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 19:26:00 +0100
    Organization: Zen Internet

    Hi My Chinese friend is coming over tomorrow and to surprise
    her I've brought a duck, with the plan to cook crispy duck,
    only trouble is I haven't got a clue what to do with it.
    It's already plucked and cleaned, and the instruction say I
    should heat the oven to 200c/400f then cook it for 20 min
    for each half kilo plus 20 mins, or 30 per pound plus 30
    mins.. It weight
    2.2kg (5lbs). Would this come out like the crispy duck in
    Chinese restaurants? Thanks for you help.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: wally <[email hidden]> Subject: baskin robbins
    ice cream cakes Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 18:56:25 -0700 Message-
    Id: <[email hidden]>

    The recipes that I have seen for doing an ice cream cake;
    use a fluffy regular cake mixture.

    However, the cakes that baskin robbins does are in between a
    brownie and cake. Does anyone know a choc cake recipe that
    would be something close to it?? If I were to try making a
    combo of a brownie and fluffy cake, what should I do?
    substitute the baking powder in a recipe for baking soda???
    It seems that I need a small rise but not too much, and I
    think the baking soda would do 50% job, which is what I am
    looking for...

    I am going to make a ice cream cake, and I was wondering
    if anyone know how to make the icing on the baskin
    robbins cakes?

    It seems to be heavier, and does not melt as fast as the ice
    cream or other types of a icing which would consist of
    butter and sugar.

    My thoughts, assume that there is lard, i.e Crisco in the
    icing, but wanted to see if anyone knew before I started..?

    comments appreciated!

    /wally

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Dorothea Peterson" <[email hidden]> Subject:
    Monkey Bread Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 07:05:17 -0000

    I am looking for a recipe for Monkey bread. Any help
    Appreciated!

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Hoyt" <[email hidden]> Subject: Potato
    Salad with Mayonnaise and Bacon Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004
    09:43:57 -0000

    At a potluck on the Fourth, I tasted a potato salad which
    looked like the regular mayonnaise type but it was white and
    had bacon and scallions in
    it. Any recipe for this?

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Floyd" <[email hidden]> Subject: Polish
    Easter braided bread Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 08:41:30 -0000

    My Polish Grandmother used to make a type of sweet bread
    which was braided. I am lookikng for a recipe for this
    type of brean. Especially one which I can mix in the
    bread machine.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Will" <[email hidden]> Subject: Mudslide Cake Date:
    Sat, 03 Jul 2004 04:25:45 -0000

    Looking for recipe for mudslide cake

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Dusty " <[email hidden]> Subject: Nectarine Bars Date:
    Sat, 03 Jul 2004 05:13:17 -0000

    Are the cookies or bars which use nectarines?

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and
    requests for recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow
    two to five days for your submission to appear.

    Lead Moderator Patricia Hill Recipes, requests, questions
    and comments: [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.